Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error Message: "Not Enough Song Locations Available&quo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaston

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Error Message: "Not Enough Song Locations Available&quo Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm getting this error message when I try to load and append the song to another song file. "Not Enough Song Locations Available". I've deleted a bunch of song files that I no longer use but still get this message. Please anyone, how can I free up some space in the way of song locations to continue recording and managing more songs? Thank you!
Respectfully,
JPR

Kronos 88
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes we have to know your process. And clarify terms.

For example, I write a new song, 14 midi tracks, 4 minutes.

At most I use 3 slots in the SEQ Song, lets say S000, S001, S002

S001, S002 are my scratch track slots.

S000 is my master slot and represents the finished Song.
Lets say 160 bars.

Lets call this song "ABC".

I save the ABC SEQ Song to DISK.

No problems.

Next song, same process but a new SEQ Song name
pete.m

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also use a number of folders when saving your songs. In my case, I start a new folder for each year, and call them '2019', '2018' etc.

The sequence menu allows for up to 200 songs, which I can then save to the current folder. If I manage to write more than 200 songs during that time, it means that I forgot to sleep for a year.

If I want to compile a collection of songs from different years, I can load individual songs from the different folders in Disk Mode, and then save the ones that I have loaded into the sequencer to a new folder.

There is no reason why you should ever run out of song locations.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaston : just take a look at the extreme end of the list of all songs and watch particularly the last numbers 198, 199... ... ... re inatialize them... even if it seems useless

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete.m wrote:
You should also use a number of folders when saving your songs. In my case, I start a new folder for each year, and call them '2019', '2018' etc.

absolutely. I have a group of Directory level file folders on DISK. We can call it structure

I can't imagine having 500 files all over the place on DISK, for example

Making specialized or titled folders on DISK is the way to go IMO

My folders and files already have dates. Given my song process. I typically don't plan or need to go back to it. Like a 'closed' or a completed project
Gaston

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much you guys!

I'm not quite sure I've been managing my files and folders correctly (which wouldn't surprise me in the least). I started by using one song folder for each new song and over time I'd accumulated many folders. They appear as red folders with an eighth note icon in the DISK load window. But as time went on I started appending those individual songs in cumulative song folders so that they could be individually assigned as songs to slots in any one of various Set Lists. So I have many set lists, with many songs in each set list. Some of the songs are midi, some are just audio and some are a mix. I use them to rehearse, I use them to perform solo, I use them often too when playing live in bands to utilize the principal sound of the recorded performance track of each song. So in short I use the Set Lists to quickly access the sounds I'm needing at any given time for a variety of applications. Until this problem arose, it was a simple task of loading the appropriate song folder for the corresponding Set List, then when choosing any song in the Set List the precise sound is loaded up and ready to go. When performing solo this was particularly handy because I could assign a midi event that would also change the timbre within the SEQ hands off, I could just keep on playing and forget pushing any buttons.

I think reinitializing the last two songs in the folder I was trying to append to did the trick (Song 198 and 199) and so now I can resume composing, recording and adding songs to song files to be available to existing and new Set Lists. Great tip and I'll make a note of this kronoSphere. I would never have thought to do that in ten lifetimes.

I'm working out on an original Kronos 88 and I think the hard disk space is 1Gb for audio wave files. I'm not sure how much of that memory I've used so far but it's got to be a bunch. I'm a bit confused on how to manage this too. Is that 1Gb per song folder? When it maxes out and I load a new song folder does it overwrite those .WAV files with the new ones in the new song folder? Or must I install new hardware with more memory in the Kronos to accommodate all the audio I'm using collectively? Perhaps making specialized titled and/or dated folders on DISK will give me more working memory moving forward? Thanks for the suggestion pete.M

Also, thank you all for your help with this. For now I've got things working as I'd hoped, as I've been, thanks to all your help. GregC, I really enjoyed your latest work as well as your others on SoundCloud. I feel so grateful to be able to do these things and this community has been so incredibly helpful for countless things.

Respectfully,
JPR
Gaston

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much you guys!

I'm not quite sure I've been managing my files and folders correctly (which wouldn't surprise me in the least). I started by using one song folder for each new song and over time I'd accumulated many folders. They appear as red folders with an eighth note icon in the DISK load window. But as time went on I started appending those individual songs in cumulative song folders so that they could be individually assigned as songs to slots in any one of various Set Lists. So I have many set lists, with many songs in each set list. Some of the songs are midi, some are just audio and some are a mix. I use them to rehearse, I use them to perform solo, I use them often too when playing live in bands to utilize the principal sound of the recorded performance track of each song. So in short I use the Set Lists to quickly access the sounds I'm needing at any given time for a variety of applications. Until this problem arose, it was a simple task of loading the appropriate song folder for the corresponding Set List, then when choosing any song in the Set List the precise sound is loaded up and ready to go. When performing solo this was particularly handy because I could assign a midi event that would also change the timbre within the SEQ hands off, I could just keep on playing and forget pushing any buttons.

I think reinitializing the last two songs in the folder I was trying to append to did the trick (Song 198 and 199) and so now I can resume composing, recording and adding songs to song files to be available to existing and new Set Lists. Great tip and I'll make a note of this kronoSphere. I would never have thought to do that in ten lifetimes.

I'm working out on an original Kronos 88 and I think the hard disk space is 1Gb for audio wave files. I'm not sure how much of that memory I've used so far but it's got to be a bunch. I'm a bit confused on how to manage this too. Is that 1Gb per song folder? When it maxes out and I load a new song folder does it overwrite those .WAV files with the new ones in the new song folder? Or must I install new hardware with more memory in the Kronos to accommodate all the audio I'm using collectively? Perhaps making specialized titled and/or dated folders on DISK will give me more working memory moving forward? Thanks for the suggestion pete.M

Also, thank you all for your help with this. For now I've got things working as I'd hoped, as I've been, thanks to all your help. GregC, I really enjoyed your latest work as well as your others on SoundCloud. I feel so grateful to be able to do these things and this community has been so incredibly helpful for countless things.

Respectfully,
JPR
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaston wrote:
Thanks so much you guys!

I'm working out on an original Kronos 88 and I think the hard disk space is 1Gb for audio wave files. I'm not sure how much of that memory I've used so far but it's got to be a bunch. I'm a bit confused on how to manage this too. Is that 1Gb per song folder? When it maxes out and I load a new song folder does it overwrite those .WAV files with the new ones in the new song folder? Or must I install new hardware with more memory in the Kronos to accommodate all the audio I'm using collectively? Perhaps making specialized titled and/or dated folders on DISK will give me more working memory moving forward? Thanks for the suggestion pete.

Respectfully,
JPR

Always great to help out a song writing Kronos brother. Thank you for listening to my musical effort, too.

I also have the original Kronos 88. If you haven't done this, you need to make a priority of having 4 GB RAM. Next, the 25 gig factory SSD isn't much to work with. Its not too painful to add a 2nd SSD. Which has become a happy home for my +60 Song files.

It would suck to run out of SSD space.

Continuing with my memory/storage lecture, you should always back up back back up your hard work.

Finally, to your good question. I am not aware of a 1 GIG audio file limit.
Stream from RAM has that limit. Thats like a 1 minute recording. Stream from SSD. Did i mention you need enough storage on your SSD ?

I GB Song files seems hefty. I am not sure about using huge multi GB files.
Its not my process. I use multiple [up to 15] midi tracks plus an audio file or 2.
So my 5 minute Song file instrumentals are always under 60 MB.

And if you are creating very long songs, like 15, 20 minute recordings that might create a large Song file.

Process and staying organized is a priority for me. Keeping it simple, etc.
Hey , that could be a Song. The Simple Life. I better check this out Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: