Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bump

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: korg kronos Reply with quote

on my korg 01/Wfd i can do this not sure how to setup my kronos to do the same thing. can i write a combi with 16 midi channels give it a name save the setup so i don't have to set it up every time and get it to do GM patch changes from my DAW if so HELP?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and welcome to our forum. I’m curious, since this is your first post, I must ask, have you watched all of the Kronos Instructional videos that are available? I have personally watched them several times. There is is a LOT of important information on them.

Yes, you can save all of your edits you’ve created on the Kronos. I’m not sure what you’re wanting to do with DAW.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can do patch changes (program changes) from any device or software that can send the right messages needed.
How you would set up all that, it depends on your DAW.

Great thing Korg did, is add more to build upon its legacy workstations rather than replace old features with something different. So when it comes to functions, you should find all the same core functions or better ways of making them happen.
Only rare cases of removing features entirely and that was usually when they had so much more added. Like Oasys was the start of what brought kronos about. Kronos has no CD driver like Oasys, but Oasys does not have the more useful and efficient SSD drive that Kronos uses.
some other things Oasys could do, were left out of Kronos system but not without Kronos bringing so much more to replace it.

So 01/W should be fine with something as universal as program change messages from external, and midi channel combi’s that save in whatever state you set them up.
Progam/patch changes in combi mode may be a bit more constrained than mere patch changes in program mode, but you should be able to change one patch at a time even in combi mode.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: korg kronos Reply with quote

bump wrote:
on my korg 01/Wfd i can do this not sure how to setup my kronos to do the same thing. can i write a combi with 16 midi channels give it a name save the setup so i don't have to set it up every time and get it to do GM patch changes from my DAW if so HELP?

Welcome to this forum.

Please, for the next thread you could open next, give them a significative title !
The present title, "korg kronos" isn't significative because all this forum section is about Korg Kronos !!
Thank you.

I agree with what has been said above : take some time to watch and follow the initial korg videos.
Here is the playlist : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Xkfi58w6Y&list=PLI2nrlSczxHokHCj2OgZo7dtTu64LT6Ge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: