Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some notes not playing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reegz

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Some notes not playing Reply with quote

My Kronos LS is not getting any sound from every Eb G and B in any program or combi or set list. How do I fix?

Turning off, waiting, then turning back on sometimes fixed the problem. But now only randomly. I was going to re-install the CDs but not sure if I would get the newer stuff that came with it (EX-18).
I am a gigging musician and have gone back to my old gear s who know service will take.... (they have never heard of this problem) I also tried all of the replied ways but with no results

Last edited by Reegz on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

without seeing your LS, you have either damaged keys or they are defective.

You probably know about getting authorized service. Thats my quick take on your LS.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this issue comes in all sounds, in a normal running, there is no reason for such a situation.
It can be either an hardware or a software problem.

If you didn't yet do it, you should first verify software :
First save all your own Progs, Combis and Setlists. Then, reinstall the sofware with Factory DVD's from a DVD drive plugged in one of the USB A inputs. And power on the Kornos wich will start from DVD. That will reformat your SSD and reinstall all factory software.

If the problem is still there, you will have to send your Kronos to a repair service.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of a previous post where we mentioned “user scale” settings in Global. Simply check to see that no User scale is altering your note sounds.

Also “Note Receive” setting on global midi page. That can disable select notes across the board.

And easy way to see if it is a global setting, is to reload your original unaltered factory PCG file with global settings included. Thats will restore all Global settings.

Page 773 parameter guide.. Excerpt below, covering “Note Receive”.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note Receive (Note Receive Filter) [All, Even, Odd]
This setting specifies whether even-numbered, odd- numbered, or all note numbers will be sounded when note data is received from the KRONOS’s keyboard or from an external MIDI device. By connecting the KRONOS to another KRONOS and setting one instrument to Even and the other to Odd, you can effectively double the polyphony by dividing the notes between the two instruments.
For use with KARMA and the Drum Track, set the main keyboard to transmit KARMA via MIDI, and set the slave keyboard to All KARMA Off and Drum Track Off
All: All note numbers will be received. This is the default setting.
Even: Only even-numbered notes (C, D, E, F#, G#, A#) will sound.
Odd: Only odd-numbered notes (C#, D#, F, G, A, B) will sound.
This setting affects only sound generation. Other aspects of the system, such as the sequencer and MIDI through, continue to include all MIDI notes. Also, all notes from the Drum Track Pattern will play, regardless of this setting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your missing notes correspond to the notes that would be missing if “Note Receive” were set to “Even” in Global mode.

That setting is found on Midi page of global mode.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notes not working in major thirds only (instead of every two keys) unfortunately often signal a keyboard hardware decoding problem (not software or wrong setting). The scan/circuit for the keys works in major thirds. If defective, there is no DIY solution for this except sending the unit for repairs to a qualified tech. If your unit is under warranty, send it to an authorized Korg center.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: