Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos nightmare

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenophile

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Kronos nightmare Reply with quote

Literally... A bad dream.

Last night I dreamed that I opened my front door to take a delivery, and I saw my Kronos out on the front porch in the rain... completely disassembled. All the circuit boards had been removed, keybed, end-caps, control panel, display...
But at least all the screws were put into one jar.

I just remember bringing all the parts into the house and laying them on towels to dry out before trying to re-assemble it using the slightly out-dated service manual that I have.

Strange dream. I was relieved to find it fully assembled and in working order when I woke up this morning.
Purgatory

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos nightmare Reply with quote

Idea TIP:- Idea Stop puffing the magic dragon Laughing

Joking apart I remember a few bad dreams about my now given away Technics KN3000, last dream I remember well was the keys had snapped and I knew deep down they were hard to find and replace. Of course was very upset in the dream and was trying to find broken KN3000's so to take their keys and use them as spares.

One of my haunting dreams is with my pets, I keep snakes and always worried they are okay as they have special care requirements, thermostats and heating and humidity controls.. As you can guess it always leads to either death of the snakes or some other horrible thing like a house fire.

Another one is like the snake one but more family/friends related like family/friends passing for crazy reasons.

You know what it is it's your subconscious telling you to take extra care of what you care about and to in one way prepare you for the worst if it does happen.

Music is like a family member or a close friend to me too, so that may explain your nightmare and honestly we all have these dreams/nightmares.

Last edited by Purgatory on Sat May 11, 2019 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you had watched the "What's inside a Roli" video :-)

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118496

psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's scary, but I'm sure it felt really reassuring to wake up and find that it was just a dream.

If something happened to my Kronos 61, I wouldn't hesitate to get another one. Probably a newer model with the vents on it.

Lately I've auditioned a good half dozen boards, and this has only re-affirmed the greatness of the Kronos. A Kurzweil might come close, but the only thing I can think of to replace a Kronos would be going ITB.
Jogger

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I ordered my Kronos the UPS driver just left it in the middle of my driveway exposed to the elements. No signature. Notification it was delivered didn't come until end of day. Luckily it wasn't raining or stolen, but something was loose in the keyboard making noises. Had to return it and got another one that is ok, but same delivery procedure even after I asked I wanted to sign for it!
brendanh

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One nightmare of mine that is actually coming to life, is the white printed text that labels the controls on my Kronos 2, is fading and rubbing off the physical casing. Crying or Very sad

Does anyone know if this is something Korg support can address ? whether as it’s less than a year since purchase whether they’ll replace the board ?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are opposite, where i dream of buying or owning two or three workstation keyboards, and then get distracted with playing just one or other activity in the dream and end up looking for where i left the other keyboards.
I never seem to find the others. so i end the dream with just one keyboard.

Also the dream reoccurs where i find myself always in a sense of having more than one keyboard, but end up looking for the others and not finding them.

Last night was maybe the first dream of having several keyboards and having them there to show someone. But this time they were not keyboard models i would actually want to own.

Right now, my Kronos is in storage for the rest of the year as is my routine since i first got it.
So i cannot imagine how i would handle having more keyboards, or where i would find the storage space to just let them sit there packaged up and idle.

I guess i am a true keyboardist at heart. One is never enough.
robbie50

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I had the strangest dream
I ever dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war
I dreamed I saw a mighty room
The room was filled with men
And the paper they were signing said
They'd never fight again

S&G
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the multiple car dream, and i end up losing track of where i left some of them or what i even started with. I always keep only one car and maybe had a rare occasion of two cars when i was getting a new one to replace the old. The old one stayed around for a few weeks after the replacement car came.
Same multiple units theme with Synth workstations.
Have a number of them and lose track of all but one of them.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously had the Kronos nightmare last night - I dreamt someone stole it, and I was really sad I didn't get insurance on it so I couldn't replace it. I was very relieved when I woke up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: