Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

usb tribe mod for monotribe

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: usb tribe mod for monotribe Reply with quote

Just wondering about this mod, if it's done on a monotribe is it possible to sync the synth without using a pc?
so is there some way to pair a device that uses din midi to the monotribe through maybe a usb to midi adaptor or interface? I have a roland r8 drum machine which has din midi in out and thru,no usb, I am wondering if I can somehow use it as a master to send clock to the monotribe usbtribe mod through some sort of adaptor?
LM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that it's possible to sync Korg gear by using a stream of sixteenth notes of short audio pulses (or percussive sounds) into the sync input - no extra mods required.

For example: I can slave the Monologue or the Monotribe to a Boss DR-110 by programming the Accent to straight sixteenth notes and connecting Acc Trig Out from the DR-110 into Sync In on the Korgs and it works just fine. You can also try eight or quarter notes for different tempo ratios - you get the idea.

Bottom line: You can use a separate trigger or instrument output from your drum machine to sync the Monotribe (or other Korg compatible gear), no MIDI or USB required.

Last edited by LM on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ that's really interesting, I had been wondering quite a bit about the sync and other ways to sync it other than midi. something I will look into, thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: