Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transposing Measures Using cc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sentar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Transposing Measures Using cc Reply with quote

Yes I read the manual , but its not very straight forward. In sequencer mode I'm trying to transpose measures in a track by various intervals , say down 3 semi tones or maybe an octave. The manual indicates their are about 3 different cc message changes to do this , I am confused . Anyone ever done this? I'm hoping someone can explain this in a more human way. I followed the steps in manual but not getting desired results. Rolling Eyes
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Transposing Measures Using cc Reply with quote

I will try to illuminate, but my English is weak, I use google translator. The Microstation sequencer is poorly edited. if you want to transpose the entire track, it will be easy>button SEQ - button right - MEnu song on display - EDIT - right - TRACK - right - track number - right - 15x down - TRANSPOSE. Or in a computer editor.
But if you only want to change one note, it will be more difficult ... So when you write it and I'll try to describe it here. Smile
sentar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am trying to transpose measures on a track in sequencer mode ,not the whole track just parts of the song. For example , On track 3 I want to transpose measrures 5 through 8 down 4 steps.
I know this is very easy using a DAW, but I'm trying to figure out how to do this using microSTAION only. Thanks and I enjoy your music. Great Work, I use the the microSTATION to compose rock ,country and western American music. I like the simplicity of workstation as opposed to a DAW.
sentar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am trying to transpose measures on a track in sequencer mode ,not the whole track just parts of the song. For example , On track 3 I want to transpose measrures 5 through 8 down 4 steps.
I know this is very easy using a DAW, but I'm trying to figure out how to do this using microSTAION only. Thanks and I enjoy your music. Great Work, I use the the microSTATION to compose rock ,country and western American music. I like the simplicity of workstation as opposed to a DAW.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But before transranging notes, it's faster to erase them and reload them. In the sequencer, the LOOP function can be limited to a few times and replaced with new ones without destroying other notes even though they are in the middle of a phrase. Or a more complex way, but it also works: try the chapter on page 52, Microstation_ParamG_E2 .pdf guide Grid Sequence Parameters. Here you put individual notes as in a computer. Or you can edit them, but you can't transpose them, but you can delete them and insert them again, even individually. You just have to know how. Therefore, try to record something in this mode first and then try to change the note together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: