Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 2019 update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Projection will sleep much easier now.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
Astral Projection will sleep much easier now.

Astral Projection ROFL

You're probably one of those that got his mushroom infected! ROFL

I'm still waiting for my free promo mr. bruce lee

ROFL

hey Bruce Lee

now f*ck off and go back to the shadow ROFL
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...with a temperament like that I can see how Goa Psytrance was never going to work.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
...with a temperament like that I can see how Goa Psytrance was never going to work.

ROFL like I care! ROFL

cya! Cool
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. great day for it...
-
Travelinni

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
.. great day for it...
-

hm hm that and potatoes.

1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

web page gone down... Sad poor snookumz
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol folks we got a little kid in the house
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that - until i saw his videos.

Anyway - I would be surprised if we saw an update. I was also very suprised by the IOS Electribe Wave and its pad layout that went back to the old style tribes.

I havent seen much discussion about it at all on this entire site - I can imagine a gazillion hate it

Maybe more IOS software tribes are a direction for the company coupled with some cheap Korg tribe-styled controller as opposed to the nano-kontrol thingies.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travelinni wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
Travelinni wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

I don't get it, people say they want make money...well fix the Electribe and you make huge moneyz is it not cheaper fix a software related stuff then make a new one?

Mate they are.
Not with the electribe range but.
They are apparently focused on the Volca range , don't know about the rest.
Korg can't be bothered with Electribe musicians.

I mean just look at it.
A filter steals a VOICE?????

what the f*ck were they thinking?

The new tribes had 2 revamps due to the problems pointed by many.
The grey one apparently you can hack it to become an emx or esx.
They released new versions one in blue and red.
Many customers still complaining about the firmware and that the patterns don't flow and have a gap in between.
So many problems plus the new tribes look so uninspiring , flat , full of disco and pointless disco lights and it's digital.
It sucks.
Now compare that to other tribes that have a more analog approach.
They can be old but they're gold compared to all this new toy crap s**t.

Any Electribe is digital, it's analog emulation man.
The look? It's personal opinion...
You see I think one of the main reason why some company don't give a s**t is for this sort of comments and users.

After going around the web I probably end up like Korg!
Too many kids expect who knows what from a £300 device. Sure Korg support sucks but try to just read the post in this category, my god just kill me.
People that can't do stuff because they don't know how to, asking for unquantize sequencer (it never did it), ask for 8 bar(it doesn't do it) or for stuff that is completely far.
Seriously f*ck that, I have to spend hours to find few users who really make the point...the rest is a waste of time.

the new electribe's digital the other ones are virtual analogue.

as for the rest i agree. i've no problems composing tracks in my em-1 and only has 4 bars.
f*ck the kids , everythings a toy to them or they just buy it because of the f*ck*ng hype record a few shitty youtube videos , get lots of views and then f*ck off ending up selling them or rotting on some corner.
they've no idea how to properly work with the instrument and want my opinion , don't waste time on them. they're all fuckin' idiots.

You probably don't have ears man. The new electribe are still virtual analogue, it behaves like an analogue synth. Maybe you care more about what people say than trust your ears or maybe you never hear real analogue. The electribe synth is "unstable and buzzy" like an analogue one.
Again I stand about my opinion, if I'm Korg and I read this thread(your comments included) I will care less and less and sell you shitty stuff. You comment the look, it suck etc etc you don't bring nothing to the table. "Suck" means nothing if you don't explain and are we sure is not your personal taste? The new Electribe doesn't suck at all, it sounds way more natural than the plastic sound of the old one(which I found interesting anyway)...people get amazed when they listen some patch from it and they won't believe it's just from the Electribe Sampler. See the difference is that I can make a killer bass patch on a Volca Bass but I won't complain about how it sound because you know it's cheap, small, portable etc also you have features you don't have on other synth like 3 seperate sequencer for the 3 vco. I love make music and any s**t can be inspiring for example I found the "pitch" on the SP404 interesting, it's not pitch control but it give you that texture where if you mastered it will give you interesting results but you probably will complain about how badly manage pitch.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people just like to complain
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
Some people just like to complain

I think critique are nice if they're constructive. Bur I wish people focus more on what you can do instead of what you can't.
Like for polyrhythms or whatever you call it, nobody used it(or just few people) but everybody complain if in the next box they don't have it haha. Crazy!
ProfessorNick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so much hate for the Electribes?

Conpare it to the specs on the Digitakt which are not great. there’s no voice stealing if you turn off channels 9-16 and only use them for midi, then set channels 1-8 as mono synths. I know the E2 doesn’t compete in some departments, but I’m digging it.

Not every sound needs a filter or insert effects, and having come to the Electribe Sampler 2 from the ESX, I’m glad that any channel can be used for mono or poly sounds or even sliced samples. The ESX had a set amount of channels dedicated and you couldn’t change it. I do agree that it would be great to have an update though.
ProfessorNick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conpare it to the specs on the Digitakt which are not great. there’s no voice stealing if you turn off channels 9-16 and only use them for midi, then set channels 1-8 as mono synths. I know the E2 doesn’t compete in some departments, but I’m digging it.

Not every sound needs a filter or insert effects, and having come to the Electribe Sampler 2 from the ESX, I’m glad that any channel can be used for mono or poly sounds or even sliced samples. The ESX had a set amount of channels dedicated and you couldn’t change it. I do agree that it would be great to have an update though.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProfessorNick wrote:

You're definitely right but why they could simply made 8 track without voice stealing problem and increase the fx edit.
Or they could keep the old fx bus system if they would give us 16 parts.
But all this hate didn't help this box so Korg just give up. I saw a lot of updates for older gear I was hoping something for the tribe too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: