Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 2019 update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Poumtschak"]
TheDoctor wrote:
Korg just post a Instagram story with The Phronetic smash the Electribe 2....

[/quote
You like this don't you? Haha

It's still in the Instagram highlights.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Login to read this story

Yeah right. Social media. Rolling Eyes
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:
Quote:
Login to read this story

Yeah right. Social media. Rolling Eyes

Haha Let's hope!
mateo

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Pattern Management Sortware Reply with quote

PLEASE!!!
Wondering why there are many sample management tools and 3rd party apps, but not Pattern Management?

I have an almost full set of patterns and I just can't move them around. Its like a puzzle. We do need software to manage this.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pattern Management Sortware Reply with quote

mateo wrote:
PLEASE!!!
Wondering why there are many sample management tools and 3rd party apps, but not Pattern Management?

I have an almost full set of patterns and I just can't move them around. Its like a puzzle. We do need software to manage this.

When you put your SD in your computer you should find the pattern file. You can duplicate and rename it.
You can keep in the card with another namw but remember the electribe will override the factory name pattern file.
Also remember the pattern file store sample location so in order to recall it properly you have to have the right 2ssamplewhatveer.all file.
You can rename with the same name pattern and sample file so it's easier for you recall it.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pattern Management Sortware Reply with quote

mateo wrote:
PLEASE!!!

haha welcome to my club mate.
i own an EM-1 and so far i'm stuck with the motherfucking sysex dump and still trying to solve this problem with midi-ox fellas because my EM-1 is not dumping the total number of bytes as it should for probably more than a week by now and Korg's dump works fine.

the new electribes they're total trash and this range became pigeon-holed , korg can't be bothered about this range anymore and rushed the new elecribes just to make and get more cash from their customers , abandon their products and s**t on us like they always do.
(Electribe Shaman if you're reading this +1 to you)

If you own an emx-1/esx-1 The Doctor's right , just save everything with a different name and you're sorted.

Don't care about Korg's new products , total rubbish company.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Korg just post a Instagram story with The Phronetic smash the Electribe 2

why , is korg looking for attention seeking and they feel shocked or want to shock other people because nobody cares about them anymore and had to grab a post of the Phronetic or whoever they are smashing it?
Good on them. The Phronetic I mean.
from the emx-1/esx-1 up = TRASH!
volcas = TRASH!

Korg customer support = TRASH!

Love my EM-1 but seriously Korg is in the real bad books now.
Not buying anything from this distateful company anymore.
Might just grab an EMX-1 from someone in the future and that's me.
Keeping my EM-1 for good fun and making new songs with it and using it with a Music Tracker with it and to hell with this company.

f*ck Korg.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:

can deffo see the resemblance right there.

ROFL
Travelinni

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehighesttree wrote:
We'll never see an update, aside from a possible librarian as you've mentioned. Korg just isn't great for long-term support.

Nope forget about it.
I wish there will more people like the Shaman hacking their tools I'll gladly pay for EM-1 proper mods such as that ''global delay'' wtf? Least they fixed that with the EMX/ESX but they had to put something else in order to ''impress'' you. Valves.
Really?
They don't do squat but pre-amping and depending on the valves you get you will get a certain odd distortion up from a certain level but seriously it's bloody useless comparing it to my EM-1 has no valves and I can barely put the volume more than middle value. More and it will blow my fuckin' eardrums.
Yes . Really.
The weakest point is that there's no card saving feature and i'm still stuck with the dumping sysex problem as many other users have been for years due to the poorly documented manuals and severely poor customer support.
Quote:

I just wish they'd done a better job documenting which oscillators/filters/FX/whatever steal voices.

Their manuals are rubbish!

seriously ? filters stealing parts? what da f.... Shocked
Since when does a filter steal a voice for God'sake!
What kind of synth architecture is that??!

ROFL
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Electribe is trash, it get compared with much more expensive box.
I think the main issue is the tail get cut out and the fact that Filter counts as voice, that's just stupid.
Apart for this I love my Electribe, I use Maschine and Native Instruments product and how I do certain things on the Electribe I can't do on Maschine, even if it's deeper.

I think is a fun and fast machine, it has is own character but Korg just sucks with support.
I don't get it, people say they want make money...well fix the Electribe and you make huge moneyz is it not cheaper fix a software related stuff then make a new one?
Travelinni

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
I think the main issue is the tail get cut out and the fact that Filter counts as voice, that's just stupid.
Apart for this I love my Electribe, I use Maschine and Native Instruments product and how I do certain things on the Electribe I can't do on Maschine, even if it's deeper.

I think is a fun and fast machine, it has is own character but Korg just sucks with support.
I don't get it, people say they want make money...well fix the Electribe and you make huge moneyz is it not cheaper fix a software related stuff then make a new one?

Yes man ,I get you.
No offense to your electribe tho. I own one too.
I totally agree about Korg. They suck.
I think Korg completely lost interest in electribes because they seem to have more sales with the volcas than anything else.
It would be cheaper if they could fix a lot of things to be honest.
I own an EM-1 and Korg doesn't give a toss nor is interested to provide proper support for it's customers and musicians alike.It's all about the money.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:

Yes man ,I get you.
No offense to your electribe tho. I own one too.
I totally agree about Korg. They suck.
I think Korg completely lost interest in electribes because they seem to have more sales with the volcas than anything else.
It would be cheaper if they could fix a lot of things to be honest.
I own an EM-1 and Korg doesn't give a toss nor is interested to provide proper support for it's customers and musicians alike.It's all about the money.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The em1 is what now, 20 years old? You can't expect Korg to provide support there, unfortunately. But for the electribe2? They should absolutely be providing more support for this new line of electribes. I own the synth and sampler versions and there are quite a few updates needed, no doubt.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
The em1 is what now, 20 years old? You can't expect Korg to provide support there, unfortunately. But for the electribe2? They should absolutely be providing more support for this new line of electribes. I own the synth and sampler versions and there are quite a few updates needed, no doubt.

bollocks they can't when i phoned novation regarding their old synths they didn't give me the ''can't be bothered s**t'' and they gladly fixed my novation bass-station rack! what kind of an answer is that , that just because the instruments get old they shouldn't be supported?
That's Microsoft for ya.
what age are you , 6?
Same as saying a Stradivarius shouldn't be fixed because it's century's old , ta f*ck?
korg made the stuff , it's as simple as your ''new'' line of tribes , just fuckin' deal with it.

just because the synths get ''old'' doesn't mean the company has to ''stop'' supporting them , actually they should support it more because synths get old and some people like me need assistance from the manufacturer in order to get things working. but korg's fuckin' lazy ass wee fucks.
And because of that that's why all your new lazy ass s**t's all f***ed up and that's why i will never lay my hands on korgs new bullshit.

When a company makes a synth or any product they are responsible for it.
I paid for their product and no matter how ''old'' it is , I don't give a f*ck!
They're the one's that made it , they're the ones that have all the schematics , so who else should support? Korg. But here's the deal with them , they loveee when you buy their stuff , oh yeah but then when people seem to find ''bugs'' and flaws in their design they don't seem to feel responsible for it and run away leaving angry and desperate customers that will never get back buying s**t from this company because that's the way they are.
Fuckorg and their volcas and all their new s**t.
Korg's fault for building a bad reputation for themselves.
Couldn't care less.
Travelinni

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:

Mate they are.
Not with the electribe range but.
They are apparently focused on the Volca range , don't know about the rest.
Korg can't be bothered with Electribe musicians.

I mean just look at it.
A filter steals a VOICE?????

what the f*ck were they thinking?

The new tribes had 2 revamps due to the problems pointed by many.
The grey one apparently you can hack it to become an emx or esx.
They released new versions one in blue and red.
Many customers still complaining about the firmware and that the patterns don't flow and have a gap in between.
So many problems plus the new tribes look so uninspiring , flat , full of disco and pointless disco lights and it's digital.
It sucks.
Now compare that to other tribes that have a more analog approach.
They can be old but they're gold compared to all this new toy crap s**t.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: