Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 2019 update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Electribe 2 2019 update Reply with quote

I got since few months my Electribe 2 S and I love it.
But where are the update?
I own Monologue, Keys, Bass and Beats and I found really nice the compromise of been on budget but have quality sounding gear especially for the Monologue.
I'm not here asking for crazy update or missing where not even Digitakt has.
Does really Korg give up on this?
Korg could definitely sort it out Voice Stealing because it's silly a Filter count as a voice, can make sense with note+effects but have the filter counted make pretty useless the maschine since it's strong on filter modulation for my taste.
I like the slice function but how hard is let's say set a threshold and then change the start point of each slice? And perhaps have them in a part on the keyboard?

Korg I love what you do and I'm usually the guy who appreciate the pro more than the cons.
And they're always been cleaver with limitations see the switch for monologue and bass to have Sustain On(why the electribe doesn't have that?)
Or the general idea of Active Step for volca which help with the limitation of 16 step.
Different time division and Flux mode for Keys(super cleaver)

I can't understand why not the Electribe? It's also digital which it should be easier.

Please Korg give us a sign.

For all the lovers of Electribe I will be happy to see this post with positive comments and way you found for workaround.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2 2019 update Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
I got since few months my Electribe 2 S and I love it.
But where are the update?
I own Monologue, Keys, Bass and Beats and I found really nice the compromise of been on budget but have quality sounding gear especially for the Monologue.
I'm not here asking for crazy update or missing where not even Digitakt has.
Does really Korg give up on this?
Korg could definitely sort it out Voice Stealing because it's silly a Filter count as a voice, can make sense with note+effects but have the filter counted make pretty useless the maschine since it's strong on filter modulation for my taste.
I like the slice function but how hard is let's say set a threshold and then change the start point of each slice? And perhaps have them in a part on the keyboard?

Korg I love what you do and I'm usually the guy who appreciate the pro more than the cons.
And they're always been cleaver with limitations see the switch for monologue and bass to have Sustain On(why the electribe doesn't have that?)
Or the general idea of Active Step for volca which help with the limitation of 16 step.
Different time division and Flux mode for Keys(super cleaver)

I can't understand why not the Electribe? It's also digital which it should be easier.

See Novation, they had Circuit with a locked sequencer...people complain and ask for unquantize rec, they update it with a step shift like the Digitakt.EASY!

Please Korg give us a sign.

For all the lovers of Electribe I will be happy to see this post with positive comments and way you found for workaround.
schwiz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I'd really like to see in a potential update:

1) A sample/pattern management app. Hook electribe to mac/pc and be able to rename/delete/etc patterns and samples as well as add/remove others.

2) Sidechain audio input in.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwiz wrote:

1) A sample/pattern management app. Hook electribe to mac/pc and be able to rename/delete/etc patterns and samples as well as add/remove others.

The first one seems an easy and super useful idea.
The second a bit hard, we still miss some basic! I could simply modulate the attack and filter if you could at least have 16 parts with filter and few effects Smile
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwiz wrote:

The first one seems an easy and super useful idea.
The second a bit hard, we still miss some basic! I could simply modulate the attack and filter if you could at least have 16 parts with filter and few effects Smile
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG GIVE US A SIGN!
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this 2015 again?

TheDoctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:
Is this 2015 again?

haha it will be nice receive an update mate...doesn't mean how many years, some gear got constantly updated and we're not asking for new features but for obvious fix:)
Mind Flayer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt there will be any update.

As to your question about sample management, there's a fantastic third-party program I use called Electribe Sample Manager.

http://appification.de/ElectribeSampleManager/

I don't know if it lets you save/swap out patterns, but it is great for managing your samples. I think you have to pay for it, but if I recall it wasn't very expensive, and well worth it. I doubt I'd use the electribe sampler if it weren't for this app given the awful built-in sample management system.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also this fork :

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=13896881&postcount=155
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first works but the second I have every sample pitch it up 2 octave.
The sample management works great but if I select "Analog" it give me "audio in" in the Electribe but the rest kick/snare/etc works great!
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll never see an update, aside from a possible librarian as you've mentioned. Korg just isn't great for long-term support.

The ESX had a great 3rd-party management system, but I only have the blue E2 synth so I can't comment to the E2S's solution.

RE: filters stealing voices: I just wish they'd done a better job documenting which oscillators/filters/FX/whatever steal voices. I have to work within my Korg MMT-engine knowledge to know that stuff like the Talk Filter is a more intensive effect, and unison probably uses extra voices. It'd be nice to have a "remaining voices" count instead of just making adjustments till my pads no longer fizzle out.

At least there's the option to disable the filters per part!
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehighesttree wrote:
We'll never see an update, aside from a possible librarian as you've mentioned. Korg just isn't great for long-term support.

The ESX had a great 3rd-party management system, but I only have the blue E2 synth so I can't comment to the E2S's solution.

RE: filters stealing voices: I just wish they'd done a better job documenting which oscillators/filters/FX/whatever steal voices. I have to work within my Korg MMT-engine knowledge to know that stuff like the Talk Filter is a more intensive effect, and unison probably uses extra voices. It'd be nice to have a "remaining voices" count instead of just making adjustments till my pads no longer fizzle out.

At least there's the option to disable the filters per part!

The sample management is not bad I mean import stuff, but you can change the category so you can scroll with the shift function instead of all [user] sample.

For voice stealing I noticed everything is count 1:note,filter,effect sometimes can look it take more,try to check voice priority they might be some pad in high.
If everything is set to normal you can have 8 mono pad with filter,effect,master effect. If you try to use another pad it will cut.
When it start to cut off I noticed if you set especially drum normal and synth with high part priority it tend to don't cut it out.
It's weird because sometimes two part with only the sample can react differently, I think it's also related to cpu in general it tend to cut out before a I think it reach 24 voice when I got long note.
So it depends what's really happening per step.

With the sampler I don't have too much problem because I can resample parts or entire loops(I tend to export my stuff when I'm done so the internal memory it's enough for this in a reasonable amount of project).

With the blue unfortunately you can't resample so you have to think differently I guess like sometimes you could use a master high pass if you used in few parts without modulation.
Or like if you have a lot of overdrive/distortion stuff just send all of them to the master distortion which has also two edit.

With a general use I usually use 10 parts before resample so you can maybe push 12 parts in it with the master fx.

Another cool trick is modulate pitch for extra parts, like a snare high pitched with short decay or shorter sample start, sounds like woody, hat stuff so you can record it and change the automation to trigger and hold...you got an extra voice!

For all the hate I love this machine foe this sort if stuff, turn a knob and you're somewhere else, explore!
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg just post a Instagram story with The Phronetic smash the Electribe 2....is it a sign? Finger crossed!
It was actually the grey version Shocked
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
Korg just post a Instagram story with The Phronetic smash the Electribe 2....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: