Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logic Pro X setup and use with Kronos 2 / LS?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewTheKeyboardGuy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Logic Pro X setup and use with Kronos 2 / LS? Reply with quote

Hi folks.

At some point soon, I'll be rebuilding the studio, let's say it's been hell going through things, but some amazing companies and people have come to my rescue lately, the fight is still on but nearly there.

Please could someone guide me around setting up the kronos with Logic Pro X as a controller, etc for working with Logic and also running soft synths like sampletank, etc?

I understand that the kronos can also be used as an interface over USB, which would come in handy where access to high end interfaces on a session would be difficult

How do I set up the kronos to work as a controller (not using the internal sound source) whilst running soft synths, controlling patch change, etc, you know, the usual functions most controllers can do?

Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry if it's covered in any korg manuals, I'm crap with manuals.

lew
Poseidon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once your Korg Kronos is physically connected to your Mac, Kronos behaves like any other controller. Korg Kronos is distinguishable by its MIDI implementation only.

Regarding Kronos USB audio, there is already a post ( Kronos as USB audio interface -> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=690317&sid=2d98d4ed121c95f39bebb39bc3b34909 )

You should Turn OFF “Local Control On” in Kronos ( Global -> MIDI )

Your attention should rather be shifted towards Logic manuals, once all is hooked up.

Take a moment to look at the studio around you. All your instruments, keyboards like Kronos are all part of your music production environment.
You will have to set it up accordingly. In Logic it is called Logic's Environment.
On YouTube there are plenty tutorials if you don’t like reading.
But sooner or later you might find it unavoidable.

I would gladly give you my environment, however it would be useless to you as I use different setup ( no USB audio ), my workflow works only for me, and additionally I use 2 external keyboards.

What I can provide you is PASTABLE patch names of Kronos factory PROGs with basic instructions. I will post here shortly.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensure that the Korg MIDI driver is installed BEFORE connecting the Kronos to the PC. No need to turn off local control, unless there are issues. Just turn down the volume. The Kronos is quite a versatile MIDI keyboard and control surface, and mixing its sounds with those produced by VSTs can give an added dimension
Poseidon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
No need to turn off local control, unless there are issues.

There are less PANIC crashes in Kronos (in SEQ mode) when Looping in Logic Pro is ON.
And, If you’re monitoring though Logic via External instrument, you may have noticed a doubling notes on Korg Kronos. To correct this, turn OFF local control on.
Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for a delay, I have not realised the weekend was approaching ....

Below is a link to KK2.dmg ( MD5 hash = 059927ff7973607804e3a6461bc997dd )

https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/WWYsW11w/file.html

Inside you will find a basic Logic Environment to control Kronos 2 patches.
Banks are for 2015 Kronos with EXs19 KApro ( default factory patches + free EXs19 )

Inside DMG, you will find Kronos 2 Banks folder with 15 TXTs, formatted for ENVIRONMENT (MIDI Instr). Should you need to shorten some names ( Because Logic can handle 16 characters only), edit those files, and PASTE it via OPTIONS popup menu.

Personally I do not use this method, I prefer changing patches on Kronos, but you might have different approach.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon, could I trouble you to repost that file?
The link has expired, and I was just getting around to setting up my rig to work in Logic, since it seems I’ll be staying at home for a while.
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: