Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karo EXs50 program location mismatch for Kronos 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose GS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Karo EXs50 program location mismatch for Kronos 2? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am considering to buy the KARO Symphonic Library for my Kronos. I have downloaded it in demo mode to try it out and I love it!

I have to say that I've been struggling a bit on program and bank references, but in the end I backed my kronos up and just let the library to install the programs under U-AA -> U-EE banks.

I am seeing that some of the combis are "broken" because they point out to somewhere that I guess they are not suppose to. The same seems to happen in some programs and karma/drum patterns.

Those banks pointed by the programs and combis have not been changed by me, so I am guessing that the lib is quite old and in the "new" Kronos things are not set as they were before (it comes out of the box with those cool EXs in Kronos2).

I'd like to know if someone had the same issue and if there is a fix. Otherwise, a list with the configurations of the combis might work... But as you can imagine, I'd like to get it all, as I am considering paying for it... Very Happy

Thanks a lot!
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Edited - saw the post title and note that it is a K2). It sounds like you installed a V1 library on a K2. You can take a look at the Voice Name List on the Korg website and see what original data was present in those locations.

Last edited by tunaman on Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
danielbailey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UAA & UBB are used by the Factory setup in a Version 2 Kronos

Universal Audio X4 Audio Interface

Ableton Live Suite 10
Absynth 5,
Alchemy,
FM8,
Kontakt,
Korg Digital Legacy Edition,
Logic Pro,
Omnisphere,
Stylus RMX
u-He Diva
u-He Zebra HZ
Jose GS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
UAA & UBB are used by the Factory setup in a Version 2 Kronos

Absolutely. I did not want to get into details with this as it is not important, but you are right, it was misleading, so I apologize. In my struggles I ended up first moving Program banks UAA and UBB to UFF and UGG (Kronos editor is very good for this), and then changed all the references from the global settings without problems.

Then, I installed the lib where it's "supposed to be" (U-AA to U-EE)

Quote:

(Edited - saw the post title and note that it is a K2). It sounds like you installed a V1 library on a K2. You can take a look at the Voice Name List on the Korg website and see what original data was present in those locations.

Yes, exactly! I was wondering if it could be something like that, and your suspicions kind of confirmed it to me. I have seen that PCG Tools provide a .txt file in their site to just change from V2 to V3 (which I believe is actually the case). So I used it and it seems that sounds are correct now, so I'll buy the lib right away (I love it BTW).

I think I will write Karo to advise them to change those references or something, because this nearly made me not to buy (any of) their product.

I've also noticed that some combis have some karma stuff which is still broken (and quite bothering). But this would be to much for me...

So thanks a lot four your replies! This was driving me crazy! It's a pity that I won't be able to know how those karma/drums patterns were supposed to be! But it's not a big deal...
tunaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suspect that they may have two versions of their program data - most who create content for the Kronos seem to.

If they have the correct version available, you could likely restore a previous backup PCG, or if you hadn’t made any other changes you could load the Preload.PCG, and then install the correct version so that the mappings are correct.
tunaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone reading this thread isn’t familiar with restoring Programs, Combi’s, banks, etc., I just ran across this well-done video by Narf demonstrating the processes:

https://youtu.be/AGUJjkSLD0g
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: