Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOFTWARE WISH-LIST for FUTURE PA models (OS only)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chas4Music

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Songbook improvement Reply with quote

As you build a library of songs and registrations based on Factory Styles and bonusware, and purchased styles, users want to protect their investment in time to create these Songbook setups and be able to easily upgrade to future Pa models.
It would be better if Korg’s songbook remembered all the settings- then I wouldn’t worry about a possible conversion hassle when considering my next purchase.

DonM wrote:
I wish Korg would "steal" a feature from Ketron.
A Ketron Registration does not "point" to styles and sounds, etc. It actually remembers everything, including text.
You can take a USB with your Registrations and play it on any modern Ketron and everything works great. The sounds, styles, lyrics, settings...are all stored in the Registrations.
This would make it possible to use your Songbook on newer, or different, models without worrying about locations. Great feature!

Roland E500
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was great to have an acc / drum / perc / bass volume link, as we have for uppers
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is possible, but the "dry + amb" function should also work with ram sounds.
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great to improve the guitar matter. There are several vst that solve the problem of this type of instruments, having several strings and having the same notes on several strings. AmpleSound is a good example. Who knows if it would be possible to make a partnership and install their software on the next korg machine. and of course, this software will works with personal samples. All features must be available in the samples and multisamples. Thanks
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Filipe wrote:
it was great to have an acc / drum / perc / bass volume link, as we have for uppers

There is already this option on PA4X.
Keep the SHIFT button pressed, and move any of the sliders to proportionally change the volume of all the Style ACC Sounds.
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Marco Filipe wrote:

There is already this option on PA4X.
Keep the SHIFT button pressed, and move any of the sliders to proportionally change the volume of all the Style ACC Sounds.

how I didn't remember to test with the shift button?!
Too bad you didn't tell me earlier. I had to down all my rhythms one by one and do the math. hahahah
Thanks anyway for the tip. greetings
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Filipe wrote:

how I didn't remember to test with the shift button?!
Too bad you didn't tell me earlier. I had to down all my rhythms one by one and do the math. hahahah
Thanks anyway for the tip. greetings

Sorry to reply late to your post.
Never late, you can use it for your future editing... Very Happy
KorgVip

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody
I have a long list of WISH-LIST.

My question, before I bother writing everything, does anyone at Korg even read it?
In addition, is it possible to arrange the entire WISH-LIST in this thread into one post, as here?

Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. My question, before I bother writing everything, does anyone at Korg even read it?
2. In addition, is it possible to arrange the entire WISH-LIST in this thread into one post, as here?

1. Yes, Korg do seem to check in on these forums BUT these forms are in no way associated with Korg - so there are no guarantees.
2. Yes it is - please go ahead if you have the time....

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
KorgVip

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

1. Yes, Korg do seem to check in on these forums BUT these forms are in no way associated with Korg - so there are no guarantees.
2. Yes it is - please go ahead if you have the time....

1. How do you know? Is this just a hypothesis? Is there anyone here from Korg who can answer that?
I have a lot of ideas, some simple and small and some more complex, but I do not want to bother writing and formulating everything if Korg does not look at it at all.
2. I prefer someone else to do it, because of my [Google Translate] english...
nonchai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Here goes -  bear in mind my Wishlist here is all to do with the idea of KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation as a COMPOSING or PRODUCTION tool when used in a STUDIO. Most of this list wouldn't be important for live performance.

2 ) Along with the built in sound set - Sell a seperate KONTAKT sound module library - that his compatible with KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation voices but goes further in having huge sample set equivalents onboard. So the KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation voice set would be the "LITE" version - and one would be able to - via KONTAKT - load in a "LITE", XL or XXL library version - so whether needing the most authentic  multisample pianos or orchestral sounds competitive Wirth modern DAW sample libraries - one would be able to get the best of both worlds.

Imagine a film composer that can start with KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation as a scratchpad - using styles for orchestras but then use much bigger (GB vs MB size )  version same sounds to deliver the final product.

This would also stimulate a market for KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation expansions - since knowing that one can begin with a ROMpler voice set - but then switch to a full streaming sampler equivalent when transferring work to a DAW - would be a Hughe workflow and productivity booster.

3) Support Ableton Link

4 ) add proper Piano-roll based MIDI editing into the KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation.

5 ) Support both clip-launch modes ( as in Ableton Session/KORG Gadget, Bitwig, GarageBand and Logic ) as well as linear(aka tape )  MIDI modes

6 ) Allow external MIDI control surfaces to be used to control aspects such as channel faders, transport, buttons etc..

8 )  Support MIDI 2.0

10 )  Treat the future KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation as PLATFORM - in exactly the same way Line6 have done with their HELIX line of products - where the firmware has been continually updated and improved to beyond version 3.  This has fostered an extremely high level of user loyalty for the HELIX line. 

11)  Add the ability to EDIT chord looper blocks & optionally do so in a BIAB type of view - ie LEAD SHEET - is'nt this obvious?  And from there one provide export tools to export CHORD LOOPER data in MUSICXML and other formats suitable for importing into DAWS and arrangers like BIAB. Such a high end expensive tool as KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation 2 - that is supposed to be for composition and songwriting etc-  cannot be an "island" or "walled garden" but instead must be able to have any content created on it - transferred to typical production tools on computer - ie a DAW...

12)  Make transfer of files simple - by allowing the KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation 2 stoage USER storage area to be exposed as a USB DRIVE VIA USB  when connected to a PC or MAC.  We should not haver to go through the drudgery of unplugging and replugging USB SSD sticks all the time just to get work done.  It might be ok for live performance now and then - but not when using this arranger as a composition or songwriting tool.

13)   Why not port a version of the iPad/iOS app Gadget onto the KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation?   and do this for future NAUTILUS/KRONOS type series too - we have touch screens now - and with all the physical buttons on arrangers and workstations - such a touch based sequencer could be even more productive than when using a tablet.

15 ) Add ability to import chord progressions into the CHORD LOOPER - from popular PC/MAC based apps  like BandInABox or iReal Pro.  Maybe via MusicXML..

16 ) Support using external sound sources in live performance - such as OSX MAINSTAGE - and provide a seamless way to switch between external voices  similar to what is found in modern workstations. So for example in FANTOM and MONTAGE - we can set up the keyboard via touch screen so that rather than use an internal sound source , an external sound source is used - and its voices selected by sending PC,MSB and LSB info over MIDi our USB. It should be seamless.   Being able to use such external sound sources should be seamless -

18 ) Allow the KORG PA Nx Arranger-Workstation to be expanded with extra ( KORG MADE or 3rd PTY ) control devices - for example to provide dedicated buttons for playing chords - such as used to be found on the old KORG QY 700 Sequencer/Arranger.   This would be extremely useful for those who aren't actual keyboard players  or aren't proficient with harmony - as it would allow them an easy way to experiment.   There are third party MIDI controllers that do this very well for example as made by ISLA INSTRUMENTS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: