Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Years later, the contribution to the M1 seems to still live
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject: Years later, the contribution to the M1 seems to still live Reply with quote

What is the latest version of Flex and are any improvements being added? I am thinking about purchasing the M1R over the M1 and wanted an editor. If I should acquire the M1R - I shall donate to the energy placed on this project, it is just the right thing to do.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 0.2.1 seems to be about the latest.

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/FlexEditorM1_021Setup.exe

Here's the thread:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=99291&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: VOIP - Yes I have that version however . . . Reply with quote

However as I do appreciate your response and giving me the link, I was looking for the response from the coder and was going to ask if I could place that version on one of our review sites. Surely was going to ask what other projects for music devices are available.

Again, thank you,

bc
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also Flex Editor Librarian T1/T2/T3 editor at:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104439

Interface is the same as the M1 editor.

I also created a Krome to Kronos conversion app at:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/KROMOS070Setup.exe

Not sure if that still works since it's a few years old

Thank you for your interest.

Sure, go ahead and put the software on your review sites. Post a link here so I can check it out!
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunriser, Great that you are still around this Korg forum. Are you engaged in creating more products for synths? I would be interested in promoting them for the sake of the legacy equipment which is continuously being used and appreciated.

I and many others acknowledge your contribution to the arts and legacy machines with your coding. Behringer is also recreating and upgrading legacy synths of the past, the Deepmind series is just one of them.

bc
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobcat22,

I appreciate the acknowledgement of my software. It really just started off as a hobby project for my M1 Plus 1 and it got to a point where it was usable for everyone. I really don't have any plans for any other products for the Korg legacy synths (I only have an M1 and T2 and don't plan on getting anything else).

You mentioned a review site on youtube. What is this site? Do you run a site dedicated to legacy synths?

Thanks
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. I have not a site dedicated for vintage synths however the site team is thinking about opening up an area for certain synths. The objective is to:

Route pathways back to contributors like you
    The body of work (product) allows for the public to understand the significance of these instrument's
    Visitors to be able to appreciate the third party's contribution and to utilize the offering (product)

I always maintain that when something is created and you see its benefits/and use it, give back to sustain these projects. It is a universal law.

Regards,

bc
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note regarding M1 vs M1r. I'd recommend an M1r with your own controller if you won't miss the sequencer of the M1. You get two card slots and save a good square kilometre of room space, although the amount of baron real estate on an M1 can be used to place desktop module synths you may want to control with the M1's keyboard. Or put stickers of Invader Zim on Wink
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi megamarkd and thanks for the suggestion. Your timing is perfect. The M1R is a hefty rack module when compared to more modern mods. I have the M3R.

The Trinity is the big brother of the M1 so thinking that a TR-R (rack version) would be a possibility.

I have the M3 and wanting to acquire the Radias-R to sit along side the M3, however got distracted by seeing an M1R in mint condition for $375. I already have the Roland JD-990 which I am thinking is a competitor of the M1R. So I am on the fence on the M1R.

Regards,

bc
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M1 was my second synth/first brand new synth, way back in time when they were still in production. It was a beast back then and still has some amazingly usability. The polyphony maybe be kinda low for today's standards but the beautiful multi-timbrel patches that you can create on it really make it still a wonderful synth. The Radias is a great successor to it and I'd tend to go for one of them over a TR rack simply due to the hands-on instant programming joy it provides. An M1R along-side a Radias-R would really give you a wide palate of sound to work with.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A M1R over a TR-Rack?
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobcat22 wrote:
A M1R over a TR-Rack?

Oh right. I thought you were considering both, lol. If you are looking at a TR-R, that will give you all the M1 sounds as well as the superior Trinity engine.
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, unlike the M1R, it looks to be a single rack space: https://en.audiofanzine.com/digital-synth-rack-sound-module/korg/TR-Rack/medias/pictures/
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah 1ru and probably a half-ton lighter! Just wish it had enough height for a data input wheel.
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my problem, if I get yet another rack mod, I will need to purchase yet another MIDI converger, like another MIDI Solutions and daisy chain it. What are you using?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: