Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CV "Sync in" skips and stutters when delay or reve

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoozeTraveller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: CV "Sync in" skips and stutters when delay or reve Reply with quote

I've been having an issue where the CV sync skips and stutters when the internal delay or reverb is on. I've tried syncing it via CV to multiple devices and it suffers from the same issue. When I turn the delay or reverb off, it syncs to the bmp okay initially (though it drifts in and out shamefully far), but when i turn the delay or reverb on it starts to miss beats, start and stop randomly. It's really disappointing. I wrote to KORG support like a week ago and they haven't replied. Has anyone else had this issue?
number6uk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the sync between my Minilogue and the Prologue and haven't seen this issue.
I might be wrong here, but I think the sync is the Volca compatible type so it's not normal CV voltages, I remember watching a YouTube video with Nick Batt from Sonic State doing some syncing with a Minilogue using CV or something like and he had some sort of level attenuation in line with the sync so he could get the voltage levels right.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
BoozeTraveller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

number6uk wrote:
I use the sync between my Minilogue and the Prologue and haven't seen this issue.
I might be wrong here, but I think the sync is the Volca compatible type so it's not normal CV voltages, I remember watching a YouTube video with Nick Batt from Sonic State doing some syncing with a Minilogue using CV or something like and he had some sort of level attenuation in line with the sync so he could get the voltage levels right.

I've tried syncing it with my Minilogue and I still have the same issue. It syncs fine until I turn on the Prologue's internal delay and then it starts to skip and stutter. I've tried syncing it from the SQ-1 too, which I think works fine with volcas. I've also synced it with a Monotribe. As long as I keep the delay or reverb off it doesn't stutter (though it still drifts), but as soon as I dial in delay or reverb it skips like hell. Wish I hadn't gotten rid of my Beatstep Pro as I'd like to see how well it plays with that.
number6uk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have another plat with mine tonight as see if I get the same problem, I haven't noticed it before... but that doesn't mean it may not be a general problem. I will check and let you know.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
number6uk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave it a try last night and it stayed in sync ok. it wasn't until I shut it all down and retired for a nice glass of wine that I had a thought. I sync out from the Minilogue to the Prologue as I prefer to have the tempo on a knob rather than on a tap button, so I use the Minilogue to adjust the tempo.
So the question is, which way are you syncing, I am guessing from the Prologue, if so do you get the same problem if you sync the other way around?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: