Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best budget keyboard Synths? Help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the Micron has the same shortcuts. The MiniAK is really literally a repackaging of the Alesis Micron.

And indeed, it is smart. I wish my XL had the same way to program it, it would make editing without the editor so much easier.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Best budget keyboard Synths? Help! Reply with quote

80snostalgia wrote:
Hi all!

Well thanks for all your help for letting me know what fantastic Synths are out there, especially on a budget.
I've always loved 80s music but a certain Theme tune ignited my love for Synths in the late 1980's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq0mAxTckBE

I've got a Korg Microkey 25 and Novation Remote 25 Mk2, which I'll be selling this year.

So I'm either gonna start collecting of make a firm decision on one of these Synths...

1. Yamaha ReFace DX
2. Mininova
3. MiniAk
4. Roland JDxi
5. Korgmicro Korg-S

I'd love to hear from anyone who has bad or good reviews on any of these Synths, and what you like about them. I'm always keen to know the pros and cons of stuff!

Hi 80snostalgia - how did you get on?
Did you buy a synth? If not I think you should bear this in mind, which comes out in a few months.
The MicroFreak I think it's called.
Here's a thread about it....

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=117365
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps I know you want a proper keyboard but this surface looks very playable. It should sound amazing.
Just buy a korg Volca Drum to go with it for your beats Smile
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spheric El wrote:
Ps I know you want a proper keyboard but this surface looks very playable. It should sound amazing.
Just buy a korg Volca Drum to go with it for your beats Smile

Hahaha, I've just gone nuts on talking up the Microfreak. I'm really impressed with it and I do believe it will work as a polyphonic controller, considering it has polyAT. The manual will reveal all when it's released. I've also taken a liking to the Volca Drum as you know, but Spheric El, did you see/hear the Sample:Model? ARGH, I'm torn! Very Happy
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sample:Model. Is it the performance aspect of the interface, the Elektron sequencer or the voice manipulation you are interested in with that?

I have an Octatrack so its been off my radar.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spheric El wrote:
The Sample:Model. Is it the performance aspect of the interface, the Elektron sequencer or the voice manipulation you are interested in with that?

I have an Octatrack so its been off my radar.

Oh the performance and sequencer are very much the draw. I'm yet to read the manual but if it can also send the performance via MIDI to other drumsynths it would be wonderful. Also I although I have many many analogue drumsynths, I still haven't replaced my RY30 that dies a couple of years ago now. Analogue is nice and retro, but percussion really needs some digital sample goodness to be well rounded and not just a gimmick I feel. A snare needs to snap and crack for example.
Actually it's whole package really that I like about the Sample:Model. As I've mentioned I need to replace my RY30 and what made that such a great machine in the end is it was a digital drum synth, not just a sample player with a sequencer as the Boss DR's, XR-20 and Zoom drum machines are. And when it comes to something under $1000, nobody else has released an actual digital drum machine in the last 20+ years besides them under that price. I considered an Octotrack for drum duties but eventually deemed it overkill. Same with the Tempest and Digitakt. The price tag is good for what it does and in combination with my BSP, it'll mean I can stop looking at drumsynths. I'd still like a Volca Drum, but I was reminded by a friend that I have an ADX-1 I should really use.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: