Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indian Percussion Sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdighe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Indian Percussion Sounds Reply with quote

Any one knows where to buy Indian percussion instrument sounds and particularly interested to know if Dholak (Another Indian Percussion Instrument) can be loaded on the Wavedrum Global Edition? Please sugest how to load them as well?
JimmyJet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no built-in way to load sounds into the Wavedrum. There is, apparently, some way to open it up and access the place in which the sounds are stored, but that would likely void the warranty and be a risk. I might suggest getting a separate device for the sound you have in mind... perhaps the Roland Percussion Electronic Drum Pad, WAV (SPD-1W). You can load 12 different instruments into that.
sdighe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to not be able to add sounds for most used instruments in India.
JimmyJet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After investigating the dholak, I think I might know why it wasn't included: it's actually two instruments (two different drum heads, with very different sounds, and played in such a way that each head has multiple sounds). The Wavedrum is a single drum, with a rim that may have a different voice, but the rim is not especially comfortable to play a lot and has different response characteristics than the drum head itself: the rim is meant more for occasional accent sounds; the main playing happens on the drum head. My guess is that it would be impossible for a Wavedrum to do as much as a dholak.
But it was interesting to learn about dholaks, and now I want one.
For those unfamiliar with them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dholak
sdighe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually the Tabla is supported on wavedrum. This is another indian percussion which has 2 drum heads with distinct sounds. So why isn't a Dholak supported? Roland HPD-20 supports but I believe that the Wavedrum brings more reality to playing percussions than HPD-20.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: