Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos doesn't recognize usb ethernet adapter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dece

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Kronos doesn't recognize usb ethernet adapter Reply with quote

I'm using the TRENT TU2-ET100 usb ethernet adapter. My Kronos doesn't see it nor does the activity lights does not come on. it does work in my computer-----what am i missing?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos doesn't recognize usb ethernet adapter Reply with quote

dece wrote:
what am i missing?

The ethernet goes between your Kronos and your Router. Your computer needs a File Client, like Filezilla. The Kronos and Computer meet online, via the Filezilla Client host.

You do not connect the computer to Kronos, with the ethernet cable. It doesn't work that way.

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dece,

And welcome to these forums.

Unfortunately, even though the TRENDnet TU2-ET100 is still listed as compatible in the Kronos manuals, many recently built ones are not, and even if they have the same number. The reason is not well understood and this happened to me as well some months ago (purchased it and it's still in its package doing nothing Confused).

If your Kronos is not under warranty anymore, one solution is to connect the internal Kronos Ethernet port directly to your router. On my K2, I installed a female jack on the bottom wooden panel which goes to the motherboard LAN connector. This way, I can connect it directly to my PC. Works perfectly.

Last edited by KK on Sat May 09, 2020 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos doesn't recognize usb ethernet adapter Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
dece wrote:
what am i missing?

The ethernet goes between your Kronos and your Router. Your computer needs a File Client, like Filezilla. The Kronos and Computer meet online, via the Filezilla Client host.

You do not connect the computer to Kronos, with the ethernet cable. It doesn't work that way.

Actually, I connect my Kronos directly to my Mac with an ethernet cable. I have the Apple USB/Ethernet adapter on the Kronos end. What you need is an FTP app to move files. I use Fetch on the Mac.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos doesn't recognize usb ethernet adapter Reply with quote

dece wrote:
I'm using the TRENT TU2-ET100 usb ethernet adapter. My Kronos doesn't see it nor does the activity lights does not come on. it does work in my computer-----what am i missing?

Did you set up the connection on the Global 0-5 Network page? Every time I connect, I need to go in and tap on the settings again. It will then show that it is connected.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos doesn't recognize usb ethernet adapter Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
Actually, I connect my Kronos directly to my Mac with an ethernet cable. I have the Apple USB/Ethernet adapter on the Kronos end. What you need is an FTP app to move files. I use Fetch on the Mac.

Handy info. Thanks, danmusician!
AliciaMorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos doesn't recognize usb ethernet adapter Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
dece wrote:

Did you set up the connection on the Global 0-5 Network page? Every time I connect, I need to go in and tap on the settings again. It will then show that it is connected.

Hi - I'm trying to connect my Kronos to my Mac through ethernet for PCG Tools which I'm running with Virtual Box. I have the Kronos connected with a USB to Ethernet adapter going into my ethernet port. On my Global page it says under Status "cable unplugged". I'm trying to connect it either to the Mac directly through Fetch or on the Virtual Box via CoreFTP. Perhaps it doesn't like my adapter? Which adapter are you using?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the adapter type is in the list given in the Kronos Operations Guide on page 29, but note also posting #3 in this thread, that even more recent issues of "compatible" adapters may not work.

AliciaMorgan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll try the Apple. I got an Insignia one which probably isn't on the list. It was the only one they happened to have at Best Buy (ha!) and I thought I'd give it a shot, but I'll order one that is on the list and give that a try.
AliciaMorgan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Update - Apple USB-Ethernet Works! Reply with quote

Got the Apple USB-Ethernet adapter and it works great. Goes from Kronos into Ethernet port on MacBook Pro. Using VirtualBox and CoreFTP to transfer files.
Hector Space

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you got an Apple usb to Ethernet dongle working. Shame Korg has not seen fit to update its Kronos Linux driver library support to match the majority of today’s usb to Ethernet dongles.
Seems i3.1.3 was a missed opportunity 🧐
AKAsmiley

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone please confirm that the latest version of apple USB ethernet adapter works on Kronos.

trendnet tu2-et100 I bought few days ago doesn't work (wish I found this post before Sad ).
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlikely. If your unit is not under warranty anymore, I recommend the little mod I've mentioned above. It actually quite easy and involves just a little hole in the wooden panel under the Kronos, so not really visible.
AKAsmiley

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx @KK, I know there is PC-mainboard inside, but I don't want to break warranty just for that (bought Kronos 2 two weeks ago).

I will never understand why Kronos didn't put Ethernet-Port and VGA-Port on the backside.
But I will be happy to extend USB ports and add Ethernet and VGA on the backside - as soon warranty runs out Very Happy

btw. @KK I like your Kronos-MODS!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKAsmiley wrote:
thx @KK, I know there is PC-mainboard inside, but I don't want to break warranty just for that (bought Kronos 2 two weeks ago).

I will never understand why Kronos didn't put Ethernet-Port and VGA-Port on the backside.
But I will be happy to extend USB ports and add Ethernet and VGA on the backside - as soon warranty runs out Very Happy

btw. @KK I like your Kronos-MODS!

Hi AKAsmiley,

For sure, wait until warranty is done in case you have a problem until then. Glad you like my little mods, I still enjoy the color LEDs a lot. About a VGA out, many wish it could be possible, but unfortunately the MB video out only shows the Linux command stuff, not what appears on the interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: