Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Order Krome... Now What???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Order Krome... Now What??? Reply with quote

Just ordered my Korg Krome from Sweetwater. Will get it this week. Plan to connect it to my 2018 MacBook Air with macOS Mojave for recording MP3's of my performances and exporting of midi files. Any suggestions of what I should do once I first get it (besides play and enjoy it lol).

Thanks in advanced.
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh poop. I just remembered that I will need an SD card. Well, I have time to get one before it ships. I'm thinking 32GB. I need to look t the manual I downloaded again, but I know it needs to be fast.
lidserter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

32gb for midi files??? Absolutely unnecessary!! I'm doing quite fine with 512mb on my Microstation, most of it free. Your keyboard doesn't handle audio, it doesn't import or export wav audio, nor it handle samples. Pcg and song files are quite small, a few kB each...
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lidserter wrote:
32gb for midi files??? Absolutely unnecessary!!

Thanks for the info. Well then I will buy what ever is cheapest and high speed. Usually that will be around 16GB at the store I go to.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this is about the Krome, but I have many other Korg models other than the Krome.

On my M50, I have a 2gb SD card installed (which is the max you can do on the M50). It will allow for A LOT of files.

I also have a Kross (V1) and have a 16gb card in there. Since I have audio as well as sequences on that card, I find that the extra space is welcome.

I also have a PA700 and just upgraded the 8gb MicroSD to a 16gb one. I have A LOT of room (about 9gb) left on it. I have a mix of sequences, resource saves, and MP3 (320k) saved on it.

I always think that getting something bigger for storage is better. Maybe one does not need a card of max capacity that the keyboard can handle is okay too, but certainly something more than a minimum requirement is warranted. You never know when you might use that extra space.

Maybe it is not as important on a keyboard that does not save audio files, but I welcome the extra space nonetheless...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I ended up doing was using an existing 8GB high speed SD I had. Once I'm done with the project I'm working on, I then transfer the data to my Mac so it gets backed up to my Time Machine, then I delete it off the stick. Rinse and repeat.

Note: I use my Krome to write/arrange music and then use a Roland:Go to record the finished product to a DAW on my iPad, then place it in iTunes for permanent storage
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mypupdaisy wrote:
What I ended up doing was using an existing 8GB high speed SD I had. Once I'm done with the project I'm working on, I then transfer the data to my Mac so it gets backed up to my Time Machine, then I delete it off the stick. Rinse and repeat.

Note: I use my Krome to write/arrange music and then use a Roland:Go to record the finished product to a DAW on my iPad, then place it in iTunes for permanent storage

That sounds like a good plan. When I back up my data on my units, I store the data on Google Drive so I can retrieve them later or at a gig if my unit fails before a gig and I need to restore it.

Since MIDI files take up such little space, I have probably stored my sequencer data about 50 times (full folder save of the sequences) and it was only in the MB of data used....I have a 200gb plan with Google Drive so about 50 mb is not much data to use at all...

I am glad it worked for you Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
mypupdaisy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, wait a minute. I like this idea. I dont Google Drive, but I can store it in a cloud so I can get to it from and device.
Great idea.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mypupdaisy wrote:
Whoa, wait a minute. I like this idea. I dont Google Drive, but I can store it in a cloud so I can get to it from and device.
Great idea.

I have had great success with Google Drive, myself. Maybe it is not for everyone, but it does work for me. I tried the iCloud and OneDrive (Microsoft), but I found Google Drive to work better for me Smile

Grace,
Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: