Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling from Program tutorial

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmdrent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Sampling from Program tutorial Reply with quote

I've got the Sampling from external sources down pretty good. Now trying to follow the book instructions for sampling from a Program or Combi with or without Karma. I'm just not able to get it to work following the manual. Searched all over Youtube for a tutorial on this with no luck. Anyone have good link to better instructions on this?
Thanks..
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's basically the same, except you work from the Sampling tab in Program or Combi mode (as you can't play/hear a Program or Combi directly in Sampling mode). I usually select L/R, then you adjust your level as usual, etc. And of course to verify your "takes" you must go in Sampling mode and then save them later once OK following the same steps as if you would sample external sources, etc.
rmdrent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KK... followed instructions on pg 164 of manual..."Resampling a KARMA phrase in Program mode"...
After I record the sample I'm at step 6
which is;
"6. Listen to the sound you resampled.
Go to the Sampling P0: Recording– Recording page. Press the SAMPLING button, then the EXIT switch, and then the Recording tab in the upper line of the LCD screen.
Use “Multisample Select” to select the multisample that you resampled.
Play the C2 key to hear the resampled sound.

This is where I am getting lost... Where exactly is the sample located that I recorded? and how do I listen/edit before saving and converting to program etc....?
Thanks...
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmdrent wrote:
Thanks KK... followed instructions on pg 164 of manual..."Resampling a KARMA phrase in Program mode"...
After I record the sample I'm at step 6
which is;
"6. Listen to the sound you resampled.
Go to the Sampling P0: Recording– Recording page. Press the SAMPLING button, then the EXIT switch, and then the Recording tab in the upper line of the LCD screen.
Use “Multisample Select” to select the multisample that you resampled.
Play the C2 key to hear the resampled sound.

This is where I am getting lost... Where exactly is the sample located that I recorded? and how do I listen/edit before saving and converting to program etc....?
Thanks...

Like KK said, you must go to Sampling mode to get into the details.
Kronos lets you sample in Program mode, Combi and Song mode, but you have to go to Sampling mode to to see your samples and see access to other feautures that go into sample making.
Sampling from outside of sampling mode is having just enough access to sampling features to sample from program, combi or sequencer modes. The samples themselves are slotted in Sampling mode’s extensive user sample bank and can be accessed in Sampling mode.

Go to sampling mode when you are at “Step 6”. Pick it up from there -look for your samples in Sampling mode. You will find a lot more there than just the samples. The full suite of features accessible from Sampling mode.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmdrent wrote:
Where exactly is the sample located that I recorded? and how do I listen/edit before saving and converting to program etc....?
Thanks...

Yep, as mentioned by 19naia, you will find all your "takes" or new samples once back in Sampling mode, after leaving the Sampling tab in Program or Combi mode (again, this tab simply serving to enable "resampling" in those modes).

In other words, click on the Sample edit tab in Sampling mode and then on the second arrow from top, pointing to 000XX:NewSample_ _ _ _ . Your takes/samples will be there. Of course, as when you sample external sources, you will have to give them a corresponding key region (which will initially differ from the keys you played in Program or Combi mode - which might be confusing at first Cool), sample start and end points, a loop if needed, etc.

Then you simply complete your editing and saves in Sampling mode as if you would work with external sources. Hope this helps. Wink
rmdrent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, finally think I've got it...I was looking at wrong drop down area on sampling page.('Rolling Eyes')
thanks for the help...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: