Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any RUMORS of new Korg arranger (Pa5X?) in the near future?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtinDallas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Any RUMORS of new Korg arranger (Pa5X?) in the near future? Reply with quote

Bought the new Yamaha Genos last November but I wish I had waited. This was my new Yamaha since 2004. Been a Korg PA user since then but the Genos is great but I wanted to go back to Korg. Probably going to sell this Genos around December so I hope there's a new Korg soon. I know there's the Pa4X but it's been out for a while now.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Johnny
Not heard anything at all but I'm sure something (rumour-wise) will appear in these forums (true or false) - it always does!!

Just interested... you say "go back to Korg" - I think you were a PA1X owner before??
...also, what has annoyed you about your Genos?
I was very very excited about Genos but completely shattered when it was released (and from my personal experience playing it).
I don't make music gear decisions from youtube demos as an acquaintance of mine has done - I have to have hands on and good study of the documentation.

I think that a new Korg arranger is due soon if Korg want to remain in that market. Lots of speculation regarding Kronos future too.

All the best

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
the_boss81

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we compare all aspects of a keyboard - IMO - Korg Pa4x is sitl the best arranger on the market.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't imagine there being a Pa5X for at least 2+ more years, best guess.
The Pa4X is a very advanced keyboard and there's not exactly much competition to it.

If your planning on waiting for somthing new, you maybe waiting a long time.

Regards
Sharp.
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

Until september of 2019 I suppose.
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AtinDallas:

About Genos, sorry, that was a bad choose.-
In my experience, Korg is far away from other kby brands.-
I've been using Korg products since las 15 years, and never dissapoint me.-
About PA4X, don't waste time till a new model becomes to the marker.-
I've one and till a year using it, i never imagine such as versatile kyb, with good keybed, and a powerfull sound engine.-
Don't worry if you don't buy the latest kyb lunch to the market, allways that is a bad desition. Allways go for the previous one, you'll see prices benefit you.- So don't wait for next PA generation.-
My suggestion: sell your Genos and inmediately go for a new PA4X unit.- As on all other kyb, to get the best, you must have a good amp (PA, compact, studio monitor, what you want, but be sure it's full range).-
Hoping these helps you.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Can't imagine there being a Pa5X for at least 2+ more years, best guess.
The Pa4X is a very advanced keyboard and there's not exactly much competition to it.

Regards
Sharp.

A new model ever 4 years so far, so i guess late 2019 would be the time to expect a new Korg pa series top of the line...

However... the current line of processor hardware isn’t comtinued... so they need to chnage to a new hardware platformif they want to make real advancement... and things like that take time...
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Bachus , TI DM3725 is not discontinued and is powerful enough...
I guess a step forward ,apart from hardware stuff , would be to double the polyphony so you can have richer sounds without note cutoffs...

Also I would recommend everybody to stop being so geeky with the technical stuff that have no real impact on the sound the machine is producing and thus the experience the end user is getting.
The programmers/designers at KORG Italy have calculated and know what the processor of the instrument they are going to produce is capable of before it is put on board.If it doesn't meet the requirements i am sure they would have already changed it to a faster one before starting coding...
tassiespirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another level, like it or not Yamaha had to change the box of the Geno to appeal to the new market, so that it looked new.

It is possible that Korg MAY/WILL do the same thing and move away from the square image that is current since the PA2x Pro. Also, they may change the colour again (as they seem to do each time) to give a new image.

Aesthetics are everything to some people just as much as technical upgrades are to others. To attract new people to the brand and even away from other brands you need to get their eye first, then they will listen to the better box.

After that they will want to get their hands on it to play and own it, it is part of the psyche ; and very important too. Just as much as ergonomics or key feel or even where the buttons are placed and the size of the screen or if it tilts ( like the Genos doesn't).

Allan
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROM GENOS TO KORG, BACK?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allan wrote:
On another level, like it or not Yamaha had to change the box of the Geno to appeal to the new market, so that it looked new.

Well that worked well - but try inserting "L-shaped" audio leads in it - very thoughtless design.

Hopefully Korg will continue to focus on the functionality and performable control surface and features rather than aesthetics.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

P.S. Tassie - my favourite place in the world Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after trying Genos (Tyros 6 in my mind) this week out of curiosity...all I can say (with out being to hard) is... I am very glad we have the korg PA4X in comparison.... PA5X ?... then I look forward with anticipation when it comes out in the future ... in the mean time I am still very much enjoying the PA4X Smile
tassiespirit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that worked well - but try inserting "L-shaped" audio leads in it - very thoughtless design.

Hopefully Korg will continue to focus on the functionality and performable control surface and features rather than aesthetics.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

P.S. Tassie - my favourite place in the world Very Happy[/quote]
Yamaha has not thought a few things through, just look at the S970 to S975 ( not a major update) the big question there is, aren't they trying?
The look of the Genos is better in my opinion to the old Tyros design and it seems more professional ( and I use that term very loosely), but it still slants to the home crowd more. Not that that is a bad thing, just a few issues, like you mentioned Pete, as well as no sound editing etc.

But on the whole I just prefer the form and fit and quality that you get in the PA4x.

Yes, Tassie is just an awesome place to enjoy, fresh air, water, great fishing, awesome lakes areas; not to mention some of the best wine and whiskey on the planet!

Allan
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
@Bachus , TI DM3725 is not discontinued and is powerful enough...
I guess a step forward ,apart from hardware stuff , would be to double the polyphony so you can have richer sounds without note cutoffs...

Also I would recommend everybody to stop being so geeky with the technical stuff that have no real impact on the sound the machine is producing and thus the experience the end user is getting.
The programmers/designers at KORG Italy have calculated and know what the processor of the instrument they are going to produce is capable of before it is put on board.If it doesn't meet the requirements i am sure they would have already changed it to a faster one before starting coding...

The current processor is totally exhausted by pa4x.. its got a cortex a8 core and a single dsp core... there is not much stretch in this range.. and its the only processor from ti supporting omap(which i asume is the reason the pa4x uses this processor)

They need to switch to the newer cortex a15 with the newer c66 dsp cores... there is a very nice high end processor with 4 a15 cores and 8 dsp cores... but then that costs €500 compared to the current processor at €20... and these yet don’t support omap.. so thats quite some reeprogramming..

If however, we wait 2 years, that processor will have dropped probbly till about €100 an make a huge future source for the pa4x..

But then lets keep this discussion out of these forums.. most people probably have no clue where we are talking about.. to give people an idea the cortex a8 is in power equall to the iphone 6... altough most of the actuall power for the pa4x comes from the c64 dsp corethat is on the same die..
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you BACHUS
Thay can Use ATOM!

Very Happy

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: