Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Info on OS updates since V. 1.0.1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mighty Motif Max

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Info on OS updates since V. 1.0.1 Reply with quote

Hi!

I purchased a used Krome 61 a few days ago. It currently has operating system V. 1.0.1 on it. According to the Korg website, the most recent OS is V. 1.0.4. I have read that 1.0.4 is not really any different than 1.0.3, but information on the other updates seems to be scarce. This keyboard is currently in the factory settings, I believe it was reset before I bought it. Anyway, what has been added/fixed in the updates since 1.0.1, and do they prevent the loading of samples as detailed on some websites as being possible?

Thank you,

-Max

Yamaha: Motif XF8, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470

Casio CT-370

Titano Virtuoso Converter accordion, Resident Audio T4, Kimball Valencia and Broadway organs, Shure SM-57, Audio-Technica AT2035, Yamaha Pacifica 112V guitar, Yamaha MSR100 speaker, Yamaha P22 upright piano, Borsini Vienna 723 accordion
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS 1.0.4 came out on the 1st April and had no new functionality over 1.0.3, but was purely for "Korg internal use". The thinking is that it was an April Fool's joke, and the internal use referred to was the amusement of Korg staff.

Correct me if I'm wrong. ;-)

Mighty Motif Max

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that impression also. I’m wondering what 1.0.2 fixed over 1.0.1, and likewise what 1.0.3 changed from 1.0.2. And if there any negatives.

Casio CT-370

Titano Virtuoso Converter accordion, Resident Audio T4, Kimball Valencia and Broadway organs, Shure SM-57, Audio-Technica AT2035, Yamaha Pacifica 112V guitar, Yamaha MSR100 speaker, Yamaha P22 upright piano, Borsini Vienna 723 accordion
Mighty Motif Max

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got most of the information I needed. For anyone who may be looking at this question in the future, here is the info I got from someone on another forum:

KROME 61/73/88

1.0.3:

System Version 1.0.3 Aug, 7, 2013
Changes from System Version 1.0.2
General
[Improvement]
The behavior of the Half Damper and Re-damper functions have been addressed and
improved for the acoustic piano programs that use the XL bank’s PCM.
[Fix]
Occasionally, note-on messages from the keyboard, internal sequencer and MIDI Input
didn’t generate sound. This has now been addressed.
[Fix]
Occasionally, when there was delay between a note-on message and sound output from
the “Osc Delay” and/or “Timbre/Track Delay” functions, the Oscillator sounds would not
be correct. This has now been addressed.
MIDI
[Fix]
Occasionally when playing the keyboard, MIDI message transmission, such as noteon/
off messages, could have been delayed. . This has now been addressed
Program mode
[Fix]
Depending on the operation, the Multi-sample Start Offset parameter could have become
unavailable (grayed-out) even when it should be available in valid cases. This has now
been addressed.
Combination mode
[Fix]
When selecting other programs or banks in the “Bank/Combination Select” dialog box on
the P0:Play-Tone Adjust page, the dialog box could unintentionally close automatically
without the OK/Cancel buttons being pressed. This has now been addressed.
Global mode
[Fix]
When the Power-On Mode parameter was set to “Memorized” and the system started up
on the P5: Drum Kit page, the [DRUM TRACK] button could have become temporary
unavailable. This has now been addressed.
[Fix]
Receiving an Arpeggio Pattern data dump in the Arpeggio Pattern Edit page could have
caused an operational error. This has now been addressed.
Media mode
[Fix]
In the “Load an Arpeggio Pattern” menu command, pattern numbers higher than 256
could have been incorrectly displayed. This has now been addressed.
Various other minor operational enhancements are also included in this update.

1.0.2:

Changes from System Version 1.0.1
General
[Fix]
When the Auto Power-Off function is active, operations using buttons and the TouchView
display could become unavailable. This has now been adjusted.
[Fix]
Occasionally, the Drum Pattern numbers wouldn’t match the number in the KROME
Editor. This has now been adjusted.
MIDI
[Fix]
Transmission of MIDI Time Clock has stopped when entering GLOBAL mode from
Sequencer mode. This has now been adjusted.
Effect
[Fix]
Effect # 108: Limiter – Cho/Flng may not function correctly depending on where it was
placed and its parameter setup. This has now been adjusted.
[Fix]
On the IFX Routing page, the routing chart graphic might not have been displayed
correctly. This has now been adjusted.
[Fix]
On the IFX Setup page, Pan, Bus and Send parameters may have unnecessarily become
grayed-out and unavailable depending on the IFX chain setup. This has now been
adjusted.
Program mode
[Fix]
Edits using REALTIME CONTROL knobs, for example, envelope attack time, were not
saved correctly by the Write Program procedure. This has now been adjusted.
[Fix]
When the Auto Song Setup function was used, MFX functions may not have initialized
correctly. This has now been adjusted.
Sequencer mode
[Improvement]
When copying a program’s setting into a track by using the Copy From Program
command without copying the ARP and Drum Track settings, the Song’s tempo value
has been reset to 120 unintentionally. Now, the original Song’s tempo value is kept in.
[FixFix]
The process of editing IFX “Chain to” parameters may have occasionally caused an
operational error. This has now been adjusted.

1.0.1:

Changes from System Version 1.0.0
General
[Improvement]
Version 1.0.1 adds many improvements, and additional support for the KROME Editor
and Plug-In Editor software. Please update your KROME 61/73/88 to System Version
1.0.1 before using the KROME Editor and Plug-In Editor.
[Improvement]
Minor adjustments and improvements have been made for many Preload Programs and
Combinations.
[FixFix]
The velocity meters that are displayed in various modes and pages sometimes
inappropriately appeared yellow, which means “muted”, instead of blue, which means
“active”. This has now been adjusted.
Effect
[Fix]
The Wet/Dry parameter in Effect 054: Grain Shifter occasionally reset to “Dry” during
when in use. This has now been adjusted.
[FixFix]
On the IFX Setup page, some editable parameters may have unnecessarily become
grayed-out and unavailable. This has now been adjusted.
[Fix]
The FX Preset names may have temporarily included errors after executing the “Write FX
Preset” page menu command. This has now been adjusted.
Program mode
[Fix]
When selecting a multisample on the OSC1/2 Setup page, the Start Offset parameter did
not update correctly. As the result, the actual sound did not match the Start Offset
parameter setting. This has now been adjusted.
[Fix]
In the AMS Mix pages, when selecting the Mixer Type parameter, other parameters on
this page (which vary per Mixer Type) may not have updated correctly. This has now
been adjusted.
[Fix]
When editing the Multisample bank parameter via MIDI System Exclusive messages, a
selection error could occur in that Multisample bank. This has now been adjusted.
Sequencer mode
[Fix]
The “Load Template Song” page menu command could have occasionally caused an
operational error. This has now been adjusted.
[Fix]
The Track View page may have temporarily shown inaccurate patterns. This has now
been adjusted.
[Fix]
When putting patterns onto a MIDI track using the “Put To Track” page menu command
that can be found on the Pattern Edit page, the pattern may not have been displayed
correctly on the “Event Edit” page, etc. This has now been adjusted.
[Fix]
On the Track View page, the track display could have updated incorrectly depending on
the settings of the “Time Scale” parameters. This has now been adjusted.
Global mode
[Fix]
When loading a .PCG file, if the current MIDI Channel value is not identical to the value in
the PCG file, sound could not be generated temporarily. This has now been adjusted.
[Improvement]
In the “Fixed Note Setup” dialog on the Arpeggiator pattern page, the procedure for
ENTER + Key have been improved.
Media mode
[Fix]
File names including “_” (underscore) have been displayed incorrectly. This has now
been adjusted.
[Improvement]
While loading M50-format .PCG files, the Drum Track Pattern conversion method has
been improved.

Casio CT-370

Mighty Motif Max

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated, and everything seems to work OK. I haven't tried loading in custom samples besides the Korg M1 and House Essentials packs (the Triton pack only contains new programming and no samples to my understanding).

Casio CT-370

Dav

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for listing the OS version update changes. I couldn't find that info. I still have OS v1.0.0 and was wondering if updating will improve things/fix very much. Now I think I will update too.

- Dav
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dav wrote:
Thanks for listing the OS version update changes. I couldn't find that info. I still have OS v1.0.0 and was wondering if updating will improve things/fix very much. Now I think I will update too.

- Dav

FYI - the place to get the update release notes is from the updates themselves.

When you download the updates from the Korg website the release notes come bundled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: