Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discounts for Korg PA-Manager
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bad_santa

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Discounts for Korg PA-Manager Reply with quote

I do not want to advertise the Korg PA Manager here and the software is pretty expensive, but right now it's the only way to manage the styles, user sounds, and user samples and multisamples on the PC.
Korg has left us no other choice here.

We could build a group of at least 3 buyers to get a discount.

Who would be interested?
bad_santa

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems, nobody from PA1000/PA700 owners uses custom samples or has the need to organize your sets. ))

On the PA4X forum section there was a thread for building a buying group for PA Manager, but i was to late((
moebrand

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed i am interested and want to know the price .
Thanks!
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this topic:- http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112515
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
bad_santa

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the internetsite of PA Manager:
1x Licence £ 125 GBP =170 USD

Discount for 3x Licence £ 250 GBP = 325,22 USD

It means, if we build a group the software costs for 1 person ca. 108 USD
bad_santa

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
See this topic:- http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112515

i think the most owners of PA4X, who wanted to buy this soft have already bought it.

Since the Korg PA Manager V3.2 has additional support for PA700/PA1000 I thought I was trying to find interesting people here on the pa700/pa1000 section.
tomyl

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to understand, what is the benefit of this software? Is it worth spending money??
Thanks
bad_santa

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have not so many Sets and work only with styles based on factory sounds and factory ROM, then you can do all directly on the instrument, may be not so comfortably like on the PC, but it works.

If you have several sets with styles based on custom usersounds and custom samples and drumkits, the PA Manager is the only possibility to manage your sets.

If you want to merge 2 Sets with usersounds, you have to spend hours to write down all the usersounds and drumkits and load and save them on the other places if the slotes are not empty. Then you need edit your styles in merged sets to assign the acc/drumkits parts to the right usersounds on the right slots.

This is why i would buy this software:
musiccankill wrote:

Pa manager actually does way more than just sorting styles...
You can copy styles from as many sets as you wish (as long as you have free memory) and it copies all needed sounds automatically and places them in new positions updating the style/performance/pad structure as needed without any other move. So you can just copy paste , then load on kb and enjoy!
tomyl

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..
Can we merge two userdk files into one? I have two custom oriental userdk files. If my assumption is correct, Korg has the limitation to have one userdk loaded at a time. Is that true?
tomyl

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Did you get three people? or waiting?
Thanks
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm steel waiting )))
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomyl wrote:
Thanks..
Can we merge two userdk files into one? I have two custom oriental userdk files. If my assumption is correct, Korg has the limitation to have one userdk loaded at a time. Is that true?

due to your drumkit issue. KORG Pa4X/PA1000 has 2 UserDK Banks: UserDK01 and UserDK02.

But 99% sounds used in styles available as bonus or free download are linked to the UserDK(1). So if you have more than 1 DK files, you have to reorganize DK banks or make revoicing in your styles.

Off cource, merging several userDK files into one is much faster in PA Manager))
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: merging user-drumkits Reply with quote

tomyl wrote:
.. Can we merge two userdk files into one? I have two custom oriental userdk files. If my assumption is correct, Korg has the limitation to have one userdk loaded at a time. Is that true?

If you look to Media structure you can see that UserDK1.pcg and UserDK2.pcg are files (banks) and both always are loaded at a time (without limitation). But you only can use one of the User-Drumkits from the DK-Banks (UserDK1.pcg, UserDK2.pcg) within one Track (of Styles, KbdSets, Song) - same applies to sounds.

So I think you meant to "merge" two DrumKits (with different Drumsamples) into one - if you want to do so, you get no help using Pa-Manager.
That is because of structure of DrumKits, that consists of one Oszillator and there are Keys assigned to the Oszillator. One Key consists of max 6 Velocity-Layers and there are samples assigned to a Velocity-Layer of one Key.
Now to "merge" two DrumKits into one means to change key assignments or assignement of samples - that only can be done in Sound Operating Mode (DrumKit: Sample Setup - Drum Kits).
If you want to use user-samples assigned newly created velocity-layers of one key, this samples beforehand must be resident in the internal memory.
Even importing these user samples with the pa-manager is not advantageous (on the contrary), because the assignment of the samples in this case (changing an existing drumkit) is only possible with the sound editor.
If you simply want to copy different Drumkits from different Sets into one User-Drumkit-Bank, that also is not advantageous with Pa-Manager in case of Drumkits without user-samples.
Whether it is really an advantage, to assemble different Drumkits of several sets on the PC also is doubtful, because loading of Drumkits based on user-samples also is easy to implement with loading single Drumkits (instead of a whole SET folder or an User-DK-Bank). Content of internal Memory (User-Samples / Multisamples) will be updated automatically in case of loading single pcgs (Sounds, Drumkits) - only in case of loading Setfolders containing Sounds/DKs based on User Samples existing User Samples in memory are deleted.
It may be advantageous to use the Pa-manager to merge two sets with many user samples, but that's not the same as equipping a drum kit with different samples.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
bad_santa

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: merging user-drumkits Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:

If you want to use user-samples assigned newly created velocity-layers of one key, this samples beforehand must be resident in the internal memory.
Even importing these user samples with the pa-manager is not advantageous (on the contrary), because the assignment of the samples in this case (changing an existing drumkit) is only possible with the sound editor.

sorry, dear siebenhirter, already in the V2 you could import user samples in the PA Manager Sample Manager and assign it to the one of the 6 velocity layers in the PA Manager Sound Editor.
I don't know, if it was possible to make more layers for 1 key in the DK, but you could make a template DK with several layers pro 1 key and then edit it fast on the PC.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: merging user-drumkits Reply with quote

bad_santa wrote:
.. already in the V2 you could import user samples in the PA Manager Sample Manager and assign it to the one of the 6 velocity layers in the PA Manager Sound Editor. ...

I'm sorry - I did not know that with Pa-Manager it would be possible to edit the DrumKits with the imported user samples.

Your are also right concerning number of velocity layers - 6 of them are possible with the Pa3x, with Pa4x/Pa1000 you can assign 8 different velocity layers to one key of a drumkit.
I could see editing a sample assigned to a velocity layer with Pa-Manager is possible with some parameters (transpose, tune, level, cutoff, resonance, attack, decay). But I think you can not hear an effect that parameters causes if changed to other values - as you can do with internal editor and where you can use some more effective parameters (ambience-/dry-level, time, reverse, start-offset, equalizing controls etc.).

I still think that the internal editor is better suited for such works. If using Sound > DrumKit > Velocity Switch Levels page you can see all the drum samples, dry/ambient levels, and velocity switches of the available layers in a single page. While in this page, you can see which layer is playing, you can easily choose drum samples, adjust levels and velocity switches of each layer clearly arranged on one page.

But that certainly only one can assess reliably, if one has already used both tools and could compare advantages and disadvantages.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: