Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroStation Tones with other MIDI Instruments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keyboardsathya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: MicroStation Tones with other MIDI Instruments Reply with quote

hi..

I have been having this query for a long time.
Using the editor, we are able to export or save the tones or libraries to our laptop or PC and load them when we connect that particular instrument with its editor.

Is it possible to play the TONES we have saved with the editor with any other MIDI/USB instrument?

Just to clarify -
I connect my MicroStation with its editor ----> Export ----> Plug my instrument out ---> connect a TR 61 ----> launch MicroStation's Editor ----> Import My tone.

WILL IT PLAY THE SOUNDS OF MICROSTATION and use the TR just a MIDI connection?
Please suggest a way to do it.
Kindly help Smile Thanks in Advance Smile
I am an Indian Government Recognised Keyboard Artist performing Indian Classical and many other forms of Music throughout the world. I am also a Grade 8 Holder in Trinity College, London. Been using KORG Keyboards for around 15 years. I use - KORG Trinity, TR, X50, MicroX, Micro Station, Kross, Kross 2 & Nano Key2.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: MicroStation Tones with other MIDI Instruments Reply with quote

I hope the translator compiles correctly. I do not know if I understood you well? Do you want to play in TR-61 songs created in microSTATION? Or do you want to run a recorded song in MS and just some tracks to release to TR61?
keyboardsathya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hie.. thanks for your reply.. Smile

I want to play Sounds of MicroStation using Other MIDI / USB keyboards.

Will that be possible using the Editor ?
I am an Indian Government Recognised Keyboard Artist performing Indian Classical and many other forms of Music throughout the world. I am also a Grade 8 Holder in Trinity College, London. Been using KORG Keyboards for around 15 years. I use - KORG Trinity, TR, X50, MicroX, Micro Station, Kross, Kross 2 & Nano Key2.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that you are not lousy ... The sounds of all instruments are just General Midi sounds. In the MS, banks can switch to GM and use them. But that's not all. You can export the midi file and let it play in TR. -or- Use the mod and sequencer mods to set individual channels either as Internal or External see Parameter quide full parameters MS in sequncer mod. You will be able to play in MS, you will of course have a MIDI cable, and some channels are playing in MS and some in TR.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, in Combi mode it is also set to EXT or INT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: