Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating the Triton Studio OS (Mac users)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Updating the Triton Studio OS (Mac users) Reply with quote

Hi,

Just thought I'd share my experiences of updating the Triton Studio OS where the computer I downloaded the OS software was a Mac (PowerMac G4), which doesn't have a floppy disk drive.

Firstly I downloaded the binhex archive from the Korg website and burned the 5 floppy disk images to a CD-ROM using Toast on the Mac. The CD needed to be a Mac/DOS Hybrid format CD rather than a pure Mac one, so the TS would be able to read it. I then put that CD into the TS and copied the 5 floppy disk images to the internal hard disk.

I then formatted 10 (!) floppy disks on the Triton Studio, and copied the disk images from the TS hard disk to the floppies. I did 10 disks (i.e two copies of each of the 5 disks), just for safety. Because if one of the floppies turned out to be crappy during the OS update I would have been stuffed, because the Triton Studio is the only machine here capable of copying files from a CD to a floppy and once the OS update is underway you would not have access to that functionality.

I then did the OS update in the normal way described by Korg's docs.

Daz.
MoonDark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more thing that was usefull for me... the triton extreme has problems reading files in OSX text edit app... so if you see the OS files in that format... try to change it to something else.. like internet explorer or safari files..
just hit Comand+i
And select "Open with" safari , or internet explorer... those worked for me...
reimon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: so it has to be done through the FLOPPY? Reply with quote

Y would KORG make tritons with CD drive and not make it able for us to update the Board through it? y do we have to use stupit FLOPPIESSSS!!!!
i hope they make keyboards updatable with cd and memory sticks next time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Classic Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: