Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem...Please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkarmy0101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Problem...Please help Reply with quote

I have disc after disc of programmed material for my new CD and older projects. The problem is, when I try to load the disc and select a song it is silent. I discovered the other day that the Triton is making me change my L/R settings to 1/2 and 3/4 to hear my instrument sounds. The effects are not coming through at all.
How do I make it so I load the disc, select a song, hit play and I can hear my songs, effects and everything sounds as it always did before. Very frustrating and a waste of time when all I want to do is create.

Please help.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of confused. So, you're loading from your floppy disk, right? Once you have everything edited the way you want it, you should save it to your disk and it will be there the next time it's loaded.

Have you made changes in the Global settings? Don't forget to write/save what you want before powering off your Triton.
darkarmy0101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Yes Reply with quote

Yes, I write, edit and save every time before I power down if I have made changes. If I did make changes to my global settings, I didn't mean to. Is there a way to restore or to change your global settings back to the way they were? I have been using the Triton Classic for years and I am still unfamiliar with the global settings as I have never had to use them.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...Here are some of the basic Global settings.
Global P0 Basic Tab, Basic- Master tuning 00 (440hz), Key transpose 0, Velocity curve 4 (I think), After touch 3 (I think).

Effect Global SW- no boxes checked. Auto Arpeggiator- Program & Combi-, checked.

Tab- System Pref. Bank map- KORG, power on mode- memorize, Band Rate-31.25

Audio Input Tab- Input 1 - Level 127 Pan L000, Bus select -off, Send 1-0, Send 2- 0.

Input 2 - Level 127 Pan R 127, Bus select - off, Send 1- 0. Send 2-0.

If you need to change and save global settings...Tap the 'V' (top right of screen) and tap 'write global settings'

One other question for you, do your patches sound correct with headphones?
darkarmy0101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: RE Reply with quote

I just tried it. When I load the disc and listen with headphones everything sounds correct. However there is nothing coming out of my 1-4 outputs on the back. It makes me change the channel settings from L/R to 1/2 and 3/4 before I can hear anything and the effects I programmed are not there. I see that the channels with effects are set to the various effects, however it makes me change them to 1/2 and 3/4 as well before I can hear those channels too, thereby losing the effects. In other words all of the tracks with instruments programmed on them have to be set to 1/2 and 3/4 just to hear them.

My global settings were just as you stated by the way....exactly.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Seems Global is good. I may have to sleep on this one, not sure what you have going on. Hope someone chimes in on what we’re missing.

Really strange that the headphone audio is correct.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said “it makes me change the channel setting.....” what mode are you in?

I think you may be routing your effects to outputs somewhere other than L/R.
darkarmy0101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

After I load the disk in disc mode, I then go to sequencer mode. So, I am in sequencer mode when I have to change from L/R to 1/2 and 3/4 to hear the instruments.
My floppy disc are the same and I have not changed anything else to my knowledge that would be different than it has been for years. It has always be load the disc in disc mode, go to the sequencer mode and everything used to work just fine.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about out of ideas. If you have the Triton parameter guide, check page 75 (8-1a Routing Map) and see it your routing outputs have been changed. I'll try to copy the link for the guide if you need it. Good luck. http://cdn.korg.com/us/support/download/files/2a5417c6535b4fa634d48bdf66491461.pdf?response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27TRITON_PG_E.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf%3B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: