Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving to new directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCHWEATS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Saving to new directory Reply with quote

I have created numerous new Seq files and saved to their own directory.
How does one take those files and place them in one folder ?

I'm a Mac user and have no knowledge of DOS format

Thank you in Advance

Schweats
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about with the OASYS' hard drive (as opposed to a computer)? When I move files around, I use UTILITY mode, check the MULTI-SELECT checkbox, then COPY/PASTE to where I want.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll need to research your query. I won't be at my OASYS, for a little while. I see your PM. I'll respond when I have more time.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you don't mind me posting here, as my in box is about full.

SCHWEATS wrote:

I took all the Factory preset drum patterns and created a song file for each category e.g. one song file for all 'Pop & Ballad', 1 file for all 'Rock' etc. etc.
and each to it's own song file to the Oasys internal disk. (FYI : These are listed on p.978 of the big Parameter Guide manual)

Okay, the patterns are in internal memory. Did you record the pattern to a MIDI track, so you could save it? I'm not sure what steps you took to make a song file or what is in the song file.

Quote:
Lastly , have you successfully captured a Karma generated phrase to a pattern (in Seq mode) assigned a note to trig that pattern and then recorded each event into a track where you'd like that phrase to be triggered ?

Yes, I just tried it. Each pattern can trigger one MIDI channel (unlike Roland Phrase tracks that can put a whole song section on a one note trigger). So, if KARMA is playing 4 channels, you will need 4 patterns; one for each channel.

For the sake of simplicity, let's talk about a single KARMA pattern, like a bass line. You record the KARMA bass line to track 1. Let's say it is 3 measures long.

*Select Pattern/RPPR and pick a User pattern.

*Select EDIT PATTERN

*From the drop-down menu, select PATTERN PARAMETER. Here you will make the pattern 3 measures long. It can be up to 99 measures.

*From the drop-down menu, select GET FROM MIDI TRACK. Select the correct song and track.

*Select RPPR SETUP and assign that pattern to a note.

If your RPPR box is checked, on the main Song page, you can now record a track. Every time you press the trigger key, those pattern notes will be recorded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: