Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Desperately needing help Korg Workstation to PC using MIDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebooot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: Desperately needing help Korg Workstation to PC using MIDI Reply with quote

Here is the issue for which I appreciate any assistance you may offer. I have a Korg Workstation Studio bought back in 2008. It is a fantastic keyboard. I am trying to do the following. I am able to use the sound banks in my Abelton Light software. I want to be able to create tracks in Abelton for which I can choose sounds from the sounds in my Korg banks.

Is this possible? How please?

Cheers,
Sam
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to do this, by connecting the, presumed, Triton Studio to the PC running Ableton via MIDI cable, from the MIDI Out at the compupter end to the MIDI In on the Triton. Then the Triton's Audio out needs to be connected to the computer's audio input, and in Ableton, an audio track will need to be created to record the audio coming from the Triton.

It is not possible to copy the Triton's sound engine to the computer, since there is no Korg plugin to do that.

On the other hand, the Triton's sounds could be sampled and stored as Ableton audio clips, which could then be played back without needing the Triton to be connected.

rebooot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know of other software that may have such a plugin?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Korg Triton plugin available. It is probably still considered by Korg to be "too current" and having the potential to impact on sales of their other products. To get the authentic Triton sounds still needs the Triton hardware.

The only Korg instruments to make it into plugin form are in the Korg Legacy Collection, and include the Korg M1 and Wavestation, PolySix and MS-20.

There are plenty of other plugin synths that will work with Ableton Live and can make some very impressive sounds. Things like U-HE Diva, Spectrasonics Omnisphere and reFX Nexus.
rebooot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. This is really helpful. I felt I was chasing my tail for a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: