Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Write Combi - Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodo56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Write Combi - Problem Reply with quote

I'v created a new Combination, saved it using "Write Combi" in Menu bar, located in "U-A Bank" position 04 - and switched off the Kronos2. Some days later, after switching on the machine and Loading some Songs from internal memory (created in the past in SEQ mode) I did not find my new Combi. U-A Bank position 04 was empty. Did I something wrong? Tnx.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loading the songs from disk mode probably loaded with PCG files as well.
Load feature in disk mode will include check boxes or check circles that offer the option to include Song, KGE and PCG files.

If you selected to load songs without being sure that PCG was NOT also selected, then PCG could have been part of the load command and would have overwritten all your previously loaded Program, Combi and Global writings.

Loading PCG overwrites PCG with only what has been previously saved to PCG in Disk mode.

“Write Combination” writes combi into where PCG files load to. It does not write it into where PCG files save to in disk mode storage.

To fully save a Combi with a recoverable back up, it must be saved as part of a PCG file in disk mode. You Write the combi in combi-mode and then go to disk mode to do a “very-important” Save PCG or SaveAll.

If you did not have that U-A bank combi as part of a disk mode PCG save, you have lost it and will have to rebuild it again -but this time ,do add it to a PCG save in disk mode.

I even go as far as making a duplicate of my PCG files to put on an external USB drive so that i have one copy for internal HD storage and a second for external storage.

If this is not the case of what happened, i can only image it being a terrible bug to have, but you will still need a Disk mode back up of all Kronos content whatever the cause of the loss may be. It is the only way to recover your custom-work PCG content in case of lost data or loaded content.
Dodo56

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Thank you very much! Reply with quote

It helped!
Dodo56

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you very much! Reply with quote

Thank you @19naia a lot!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: