Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And transferring from one Kronos to another

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfiebear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: And transferring from one Kronos to another Reply with quote

If I buy a second Kronos do I have to have exactly the same version/model to be able to transfer all my data straight across from one to the other and back?

For instance:
I have a Kronos X, 88 key.
If I buy a Kronos II, 88 key can I just transfer data seamlessly between two?

Thanks....im new here
Sweat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the original version to the latest, all models are compatable with your data. You can transfer all programs, combis, global, songs, patterns, and user sample banks from your Kronos X to a Kronos II.

However, purchases from the Kronos Sound Library shop are locked to only one Kronos, and cannot be transferred. They must be purchased separately for a second Kronos.
Sweat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other things to be aware of:

The Kronos II shipped with a couple of additional Sound Libraries (EXs17 and EXs18) including a new "Berlin" piano and other sounds. If you create new programs that use these after transferring to the KII, your older KX will not have them. So, a "New Kronos Sound Pack" can be purchased from the Kronos Sound Library shop https://shop.korg.com/kronosSoundLibraries to update your older KX with these new sounds.

Concerning factory programs and combis...
Except for the new ones mentioned above, the Kronos II factory sounds include all libraries, programs and combis from the original K1 and KX. However, the programs/combis are in different bank locations. Though there are work arounds for this.

Also, a new Kronos II may contain more RAM memory and a larger SSD, so this could possibly affect backward compatability unless you upgrade the RAM or storage on your Kronos X.
stevewahl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweat wrote:
Concerning factory programs and combis...
Except for the new ones mentioned above, the Kronos II factory sounds include all libraries, programs and combis from the original K1 and KX. However, the programs/combis are in different bank locations. Though there are work arounds for this.

As someone who has both a Kronos X and Kronos 2 (61 keys on both), there are a few unexpected ramifications of the moving of factory sounds, especially if you're trying to use both of them (in my case, I leave one at church and transport things on a USB key from home).

I believe the rhythms were also increased in number and moved around, and that's something that PCGtools doesn't seem to help with much.

You can load PCG with the Kronos 2 programs and combis into an older kronos, and some will be missing samples but mostly things play. You can load a PCG from the older models into a Kronos 2, with the old default program and combi locations, and it will work 100% or nearly so.

But when you have the PCG from the "wrong" synth loaded in, there's nothing you can do to fix the default song templates; they assume some of the factory programs (and rhythm patterns?) are in the position they were in when it left the factory. (Song templates may be the wrong term, but it's something you can grab from the upper right corner menu when you start a new song.)

Just some things to be aware of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: