Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB Noise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcrockerman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: USB Noise Reply with quote

Ok, i've got a pretty strange issue going on. I seemed to fix my initial USB whine by connecting everything to a single power source. However, the same whine has now come back, not sure why but this is what i've kind of narrowed it down to. The whine only happens when I engage a program that can potentially use Kronos as an audio source (i.e. Ableton, Guitar Rig). As soon as I load one of the programs the whine becomes present. When I change the audio source from my X32 to Kronos, whine goes away. Is there a way to disable the Kronos as an audio source? I only really need it for midi.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ableton can be configured not to use the Kronos' audio over USB.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occaisonally get a whine using iPad and kronos over USB cable connect.
I disconnect the cable and reconnect.
Also i get a latency issue with Korg M1 app via iOS being controlled by Kronos.
I reload the Korg M1 app’s combi from file and the latency issue clears up for the rest of the song. An the issue is only on Krog M1 app via iOS. My few other iOS apps don’t give me issues.

I thought it may be an Apple system issue but i got the whine a few days ago with the USB cable plugged in but nothing plugged on the other end. I had 5pin midi in and out being used for an external device.
I never had the whine issue until i started using Kronos midi. First time i plugged in 5 pin midi, i mistakenly plugged in to in and out to out and got a hum issue or backaground distortion in my sound and of course no midi response.

Everything is ok with me so far because the issue always solves with unplug and replug of cable. Also I started loading my M1 app combi twice at setup and that stopped the latency issue from showing up at all. Also the whine is an occaisonal thing and just a one time thing that stays gone after working it out.

And yes Kronos should be easier to work with than with all the technical difficulties.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My m3 has had the most horrible noise. I can't seem to get rid of it. My Kronos was doing it. But now I got some balanced cables and it all got better.... The m3... Not so much. It's horrible.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: