Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please cast your vote
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you use the Sampling Option, if so. How much RAM have you got installed.
32MB
54%
 54%  [ 17 ]
16MB (Standard Factory Default)
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Don't use the sampling option at all.
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 31

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Please cast your vote Reply with quote

Hi guys and girls.
Could you all please take a moment to cast your vote.

Regards.
Sharp.
eddy awada

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran out of memory, eventhough I shrunk my waves to the maximum, it's very sad I have to use my Fantom-XR just fro extra memory. Man, my story with my PA1X with its limited memory is like someone who has a cripeled child.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like eddy awada, my 32 MB of Ram Memory is already full, no more room and I programmed only half of what I need.

Korg has to step on the gas because the new Tyros II is coming soon with the great features, like 64 MB of RAM or maybe more, 128 polyphony, and light weight.

Korg
Please, we need more: Ram Memory,
and Mixer Lock & Lower Lock on Pa1X.

I played last Sunday with Pa1X in front of more than 2000 people in a big park. This keyboard is GREAT and very POWERFULL but believe or not the lack of the above option is very discouraging.
Joey Pa1x PRO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear KORG

I love my pa1x ..its a Good Arranger ,,,

But please , pretty please .. Make it a GREAT 1 by adding more sample memory .. 64 would be nice .. .. I agree with most of the guys
32 just doesnt cut it ... Mixer lock, and lower lock ,.. are a must for me ...................
c_hammal
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the factory because I don't have the expansion yet and I'm already out of memory Sad

I love the sampling option on the Pa1x Pro because it's somewhat user-friendly, although I'm still very rusty and need a lot of help from the experts!

Gear:
Korg Kronos 2 88 keys
Alesis Q49 Controller
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Tascam US-100
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Headphones
Don Awareh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

32 is not enough. Korg should do something about this, cause it's just sad
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

My reason for starting this poll is to see what you guys have installed and if any of you are using the Sampling features at all. It’s just research I’m doing to see if there is any point in me ever releasing anything ever again for the Pa1X since Piano Assault is not really of any interest to many for some strange reason.

It’s not really the place to ask for Korg to increase the amount of ram you can install. Besides… I think that question has already been answered. With that said, I can understand why your probably still going to take the opportunity here or anywhere to voice your opinion on the amount of ram.

Sure… wouldn’t we all like more. I’d personally love to have 3 X 64MB Chips on my Triton Studio. But like the Pa1X, there is probably no chance in hell that’s ever going to happen due to hardware designs.

Anyway.. seems to me that this is really only important to a small number of people. 160+ Views, and only 11 votes on the Poll does tell somewhat of a story.

As for the comment about the Tyros II. Well in all fairness Yamaha should have never released the original Tyros in the first place since it didn’t have any sampling abilities. It was a step backwards from the PSR9K and this new Tyros II is the perfect example of milking the customer for all they are worth in my opinion.

The original Tyros should have came with everything the PSR9K had, and more…. Not less…. But for some extra sounds.

Regards.
Sharp.
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BR,

BR wrote:
Please, we need more: Ram Memory, and Mixer Lock & Lower Lock on Pa1X.

No need to scream, really.

I think I've been clear enough on the technical reasons it is not possible to install more than 32 MB of RAM in the Pa1X. Better, you can install more of it, but it will not be recognized by the system.

As a longtime user of samplers, I've learned two things: (1) there is never enought RAM for your samples, and (2) you must learn to live with the available amount of RAM. One of my orchestral simulations, made with 8 MB of RAM, has recently been broadcasted by MTV. It did its work well enough.

On the positive side, I think I can anticipate the Mixer Lock and Lower Lock functions are in beta testing, and will _probably_ be included in OS 2.5.

Best regards,
Paolo
Dickie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Sharp, I would love to be able to use the sampling function on the PA1X but not having this facility on my previous keyboards, Technics, I am as to a loss with it. That's why I have put my vote in the do not use box.

If someone can tell me how I get a sample into the keyboard that would be great. Sorry I'm a novice.
elio2000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32 mega

by
franky silva
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No comments Sad
Pueblo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I use the sampler but not to a great extent...I'm still learning, therefore only 16 MB.

To Sharp...please don't stop supporting the PA1x re samples. I've got your piano assault which is truly great, and you were kind enough to add the real drums on top of that. All managed on 16 mb, so it can't be that bad. We must work within the limits of 32 mb and that's the end of it, so lets make the best we can of this otherwise fine instrument.

By the way, I can't undertsand why not many has purchased your piano assault.

Pueblo
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: PAX RAM Reply with quote

32 MB( Confused )

To Italy!And all KORG enginiers.
Ok MR KORGIES.At this time many of your customers are dissipointed.
I think all people here and out there somewhere is thinking like me.
I dont undarstand one thing here.Please remind me if i missed the years.
15 years ago i had a sampler.It had 40 mb of ram.
In 90 ties i had a great ASR 10.
This is confusing me a lot.
KORG why 32 just explain that for me please.
And where is new exb,s.Like new drum/bas/Synths/ & world and ethno?
To many promisses!
I,m realy pissed of this .Sory couse of what i,m wrigting here but, This KB is a great thing , i just dont now how you guys can just make 32 mb.When a mobile phone heave an 512 mb ram upgrade.
I love to make my own sounds and samples.
And 8 mb Thing from mr trammanoni , comoon!!!
If i play on my fantom some samples you will now what quality is about samples.32 mb takes 5 minits to load if we had an upgrade than we must start loading 2 day before to fix the gig??? Evil or Very Mad
I realy love the kb PAX but its so hard to make good samples so i can use it on the same unit.
This is a question we all asked.Thank you for reply KORG !
But its not a point here to tell uss about 8 mb sample bank when we are searching for an possible upgrade.
Like the pa 80.
I think i asked 10 times there to about 16 mb!
( No its impossible) you guys sad.
After 1 year 16 comes out!
From TURKEY !I could not belive this.
Heapy.Hell yea.
So try to make me an all friends heapy again in some how.Please.
I,m a great KORG lover.Make me stay like that.
Is there any thing we can make to help.Is there any technician KB player out there who can make a dream come thrue?(like the Finland guy who find a way to RW the cd,s.
I would like to thank you MODERATOR sharp for all help.
And gratulations on your Birth day.You are a great person.Hope you will live in great harmony whit you family and friends (thats uss)
Bye all and sory couse i,m confused and pissed of.Tried to make a sample sound 28 mb.And its sad that couse i need 3 more samples on it but cant load(Out of ram) Crying or Very sad
Sory my english
keys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason you CANNOT have any more RAM as tram has explained over and over and over and over (ad infinitum ad nauseum) is that there are only 2 TWO , and ONLY TWO physical ram slots built onto the board inside the PA1X, it would require a brand new keyboard to be built from the ground up for more ram slots..the two ram slots available support a MAXIMUM of 16MB each.

peace, out
ccd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keys wrote:
the reason you CANNOT have any more RAM as tram has explained over and over and over and over (ad infinitum ad nauseum) is that there are only 2 TWO , and ONLY TWO physical ram slots built onto the board inside the PA1X, it would require a brand new keyboard to be built from the ground up for more ram slots..the two ram slots available support a MAXIMUM of 16MB each.

peace, out

What about something like old SIMMs adapter? It was used to recicle old SIMMs in DIMM slot. Basically an adapter that slides in the RAM slots and allows 4 SLOTS in 1.

Any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: