Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special Delay Effect
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Special Delay Effect Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm looking for a special delay effect wich could be done in Kronos : I want to hear the delayed signal first, whatever the kind of delay, and once there's no delayed signal anymore, I want to hear the dry original sound. As if the original sound had been retained until the complete ending of delayed sound.
I don't know if I am clear enough !

I want to specify that it has nothing to do with "Reverse Delay" !

In fact, I heard this effect on a voice in a movie (don't remember what movie). I find it very interisting and strange.

Well, have you any idea to get this kind of effect ?

Thanks a lot.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Special Delay Effect Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for a special delay effect wich could be done in Kronos : I want to hear the delayed signal first, whatever the kind of delay, and once there's no delayed signal anymore, I want to hear the dry original sound. As if the original sound had been retained until the complete ending of delayed sound.
I don't know if I am clear enough !

In fact, I heard this effect on a voice in a movie (don't remember what movie). I find it very interisting and strange.

Well, have you any idea to get this kind of effect ?

Thanks a lot.

Kronos does have some interesting delay FX, such as the multi tap.

Did you test each one ? I think there are less than 20 in the drop down list.

In SEQ mode, you can stack FX for more complexity.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'd have to use two delays for this
use long delay for the dry signal (0 feedback,100% wet) .
and short or other for the first.
tune the second delay to start after approximation for the first delay length.

If you dont want to use send buses,
you'd also need to use fx bus to route the audio to more than one fx slot and use a compressor or gate with monitoring on to hear and route it to next fx slot.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on wether you want to do it via real time controls or if you are ok doing it as a pre recorded track(easiest way) used as backing track.

I was wondering if step sequencer could be programed with the right length and pattern to then modulate delay effect via AMS, modulate the function that brings the delay in or out. Step sequencer can be an AMS and can have other AMS controlling its own reset function to run again after auto stop comes in.
Like setting VJS to restart the pattern-run over effect parameter modulation. Do the needed parameters have Step sequencer as AMS option in the Delay effects page you want? Does wet/dry setting bring in and out the delay effect? I know wet/dry function is AMS ready.

I cannot be sure without Kronos with me but it is an interesting topic.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to record your track first ( a voice for exemple) and then you reverse this track with an editor and you apply the delay on this reversed track. Then you reverse once again your track and : That's it ! Very Happy Be careful with the dosage !

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to do it with just one delay. You'd need to play the sound twice - once with the delay set to 100% wet, gradually alter the delay to 'dry' and then play the sound a second time. I don't know how much of the original sound you'd get when you hit the note for the first time.
If it was me, I think I'd sample in order to get it exactly how I want it. Interesting stuff, though, and something I might try - best of luck!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two delays in parallel. The first delay, with a long delay time, and no effects or feedback, the second with shorter delay time and with feedback or multitap and any effects that you are able to add.

Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all. You gave me good advices I will try as soon as possible.
Thanks again.
Rigel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use a combi. The first part/timber is 100% wet signal of your particular program, which gives out only the delayed sound, the second part/timber has the identical program but starts to sound after a delay that you can determine in combi delay settings.
Korg KronosX73, Kurzweil PC3K6, Roland V-Synth GT, Kawai K5000S, Waldorf Blofeld, Novation Ultranova, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha HS80M, Boss Micro BR80, Zoom H6, Sony PCM D100, Tascam DP32SD, Mackie 1202VLZ4, Zoom MS-70CDR, Rode NT1, Sony MDR 7506.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
I would use a combi. The first part/timber is 100% wet signal of your particular program, which gives out only the delayed sound, the second part/timber has the identical program but starts to sound after a delay that you can determine in combi delay settings.

That's a good idea too. Thank you.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
... use fx bus to route the audio to more than one fx slot and use a compressor or gate with monitoring on to hear and route it to next fx slot.

Sorry to sidetrack a bit from the original thread, but what a really nice trick! I had been wondering about how one might go about splitting the signal to different effect chains and had concluded that this wasn't possible, but of course using a Compressor with side-chain monitoring enabled, you can listen to what is coming in on the control bus and voila, split signal!

Thanks for that little nugget of information, amit Smile
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half guessing from what you want to do I would say Pete M is right, but you may be talking about a reversed reverb rather than a delay? You would get, in reverse, a swelling reverb sound first, ending with the dry sound.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Half guessing from what you want to do I would say Pete M is right, but you may be talking about a reversed reverb rather than a delay? You would get, in reverse, a swelling reverb sound first, ending with the dry sound.

Thanks but as I said :
Quote:
I really don't want a reversed delay.

Last edited by Liviou2004 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
You have to record your track first ( a voice for exemple) and then you reverse this track with an editor and you apply the delay on this reversed track. Then you reverse once again your track and : That's it ! Very Happy Be careful with the dosage !

Good idea indeed. But what I want is performing it live.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Special Delay Effect Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

Kronos does have some interesting delay FX, such as the multi tap.

Did you test each one ? I think there are less than 20 in the drop down list.

In SEQ mode, you can stack FX for more complexity.

Yes but the only effect wich could work is a mono-mono parallel one, 185: Mt.BPM Dly // Mt.BPM Dly.

Last edited by Liviou2004 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: