Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos Backup DVD's (3.0.3 OS)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Backup DVD's (3.0.3 OS) Reply with quote

I'm putting this here, hopefully it'll be helpful in the future. I'll try and keep the link active as long as humanly possible:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/907cmczn6e56r1t/AACcgeS8A-27rtgMDlHkMqG8a?dl=0

Here are the links to the 3 restore DVD's for the Kronos/Kronos X/Kronos 2, running OS version 3.0.3 (meaning that's what version the disks install)

I believe it's 3.0.3... Anyway, it's in the 3.0 range at least.

Let me know if these files are not available for some reason, I can always host them elsewhere if need be.
massca

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing. I'm downloading them to use to reset my Kronos X.

Did you download them from Korg site or did you ripped from physical media?

I tried Korg download (for Kronos X) using the Megasync service, but it is very difficult if you do not pay for a Megasync account.
Schmooster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - I got 2 discs with mine, which is correct as it says 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 etc - I'm assuming you have a Kronos 2 then, because disc 3 is huge - far bigger than any updates so I'm guessing it's full of sounds - I wonder how much information is duplicated - that's a massive download - well Ok 17GB isn't massive but how much of that di I actually need I wonder?

I upgraded from 1.01 or something straight to 3.x - the previous owner didn't even realise there was such a feature - in fact, he had no idea what he'd actually been talked into buying to the extent that after 14 months he'd used it half a dozen times. It was immaculate - I didn't even have to get rid of polystyrene balls stuck with static - no dust, not a fleck. £1200 18 months ago for basically a brand new, unused K61 original. I bought it, put ram and another SSD in it and updated the OS after the fastest post-op test I've ever conducted which was a waste of time as far as the expansions went until it was updated - then I had as close as I could get to a Kronos X without air-vents for £1200! I could still get that for it now.

Anyway; I appreciate the upload EnigmaHack but I think I'm gonna hold off because I don't believe it'll actually serve any purpose to have the 3rd disc - but I'm sure a good few people will be very happy to have them, so thank you for sharing! Appreciate the time you've taken making the full ISO images, very nice gesture. Wink
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

massca wrote:
Thank you for sharing. I'm downloading them to use to reset my Kronos X.

Did you download them from Korg site or did you ripped from physical media?

I tried Korg download (for Kronos X) using the Megasync service, but it is very difficult if you do not pay for a Megasync account.

Yes - they're ripped from the original media. I'm a huge proponent of having backups upon backups. I couldn't find my disks one day and needed them BADLY, so when I did find them I made several backups and put them online. It's come in handy several times.
massca

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used these restore DVDs to perform a clean upgrade of my Kronos X to Kronos 2. Of course I needed to buy the new Kronos sound pack to authorize the new EXis, and perform the upgrade to latest OS.

I tried to download the restore DVDs for KX from Korg website but it was not usable because the zip file is corrupted.

I'm a big fan of clean installations, very often the result is a more stable machine.

Thank you! Smile
jamesfinn82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. My 3 discs are taped to my KRONOS2 Very Happy
matro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever!
I will probably do the same with the DVDs that I get with my SE.
Cpuculture

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enigmahack thankyou kindly for the share,

Users who want to burn this iso files on DVD must have / buy "Double Layer DVD's 8.5GB"

Actually i have already my original Restoration DVD's but I am very interested to testing on my Kronos2-73 the new Kronos SE Restoration DVD's (Sure must buy / authorize the extra soundsets from KaPro)

My best regards
Murat
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg should have allowed USB thumb drive installation of these backups. Would make life much easier but the more I dig deep into the Kronos the more Im realizing Korg is one backwards company compared to others out there. Dont get me wrong I love my Kronos I just dislike the way Korg implemented certain things.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, all

The original link for the download is no longer available. However, Dave (aka EnigmaHack) from Audora Audio has kindly agreed to rehost these ISO Images for a little while.

Kronos OS 3 ISO DVD Images

This has allowed me to grab them, which I couldn't do before due to really crappy broadband.

Many thanks, Dave! Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
HowardPain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - you're a lifesaver. Have struggled for 10 hours now until I found this files - and finally it works. Thanks again Smile
amarso

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Backup DVD's Reply with quote

good evening, please I want the link to download the restoration DVDs for my korg kronos 2 and thank you for your collaboration
jimiki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos Backup DVD's Reply with quote

amarso wrote:
good evening, please I want the link to download the restoration DVDs for my korg kronos 2 and thank you for your collaboration

robbie50 wrote:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lbdGnzMnYwfyus108HOfF5Sg1awdEz1k
Idea

rob Cool

Click the link above and D/L

Say thanks to robbie
Stephen.m3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos Backup DVD's Reply with quote

Hi,

By using these files, what will be the version of OS in Korg Kronos 2 keyboard after start up, I mean the actual version of OS present in these DVD's.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lbdGnzMnYwfyus108HOfF5Sg1awdEz1k

Will I get the public ID after installing using the above link. ?
Are these installation DVD's same for all Kronos 2 keyboard or unique for each keyboard. Will I get the same Public ID or a different ID after fresh installation using the above links. ?

Please advise.
Thanks,
Stephen
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will keep the same Public Id. This Id dwells in a hard chip. So it is attached to each Kronos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: