Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Scott wrote:
Cyros and Greg, check out the Kronos Remote app, which lets you use an iPad for many Kronos functions. It addressed my own issues with the screen angle.

I don't believe it works in SEQ mode

Have to have that or no go

I haven't used SEQ mode, so I can't tell you how well it works or what it does or doesn't do, but the app definitely has a SEQ mode.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
GregC wrote:
Scott wrote:
Cyros and Greg, check out the Kronos Remote app, which lets you use an iPad for many Kronos functions. It addressed my own issues with the screen angle.

I don't believe it works in SEQ mode

Have to have that or no go

I haven't used SEQ mode, so I can't tell you how well it works or what it does or doesn't do, but the app definitely has a SEQ mode.

I would need to see a YT demo of the app working in SEQ
mgibian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: well, maybe not VGA... Reply with quote

These days, I'd be very happy with video over the USB connection, or maybe a display port/thunderbolt connection. VGA seems so obsolete, even if I DO have a number of old 19/20" VGA monitors hanging around.
KronosRemote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works in SEQ mode by providing the mixer and EQ pages (both MIDI and Audio), so it's basically a second screen for mixing and pretty helpful during programming I hope.

Actually I'd love to add a proper playback control rather than just the start / stop button that it has now, I believe this would be cool for live stuff. Big timer on the iPad with proper Start / Stop / Reset / Scrubbing and stuff... but this is a bit more complicated to do, that's why it's limited for now.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KronosRemote wrote:
It works in SEQ mode by providing the mixer and EQ pages (both MIDI and Audio), so it's basically a second screen for mixing and pretty helpful during programming I hope.

Actually I'd love to add a proper playback control rather than just the start / stop button that it has now, I believe this would be cool for live stuff. Big timer on the iPad with proper Start / Stop / Reset / Scrubbing and stuff... but this is a bit more complicated to do, that's why it's limited for now.

I realize you are thinking live performance or use on gigs.

Many or most of us SEQ users relay on several other tabs, Insert FX, EQ vector preference, track edit, the drop down menus, track parameter, midi filters, keyboard zones etc, etc. etc. There is a lot of flow going between the various screen to lay down tracks. Plus we go to DISK, back and forth, to save SONGS.
And we are inserting WAV files, too. Another different flow/process.

Thats typical of us home recording types.

There a few power SEQ users that use it for backing tracks on gigs. They might have slightly different requirements if their multiple tracks are ready to go.

Personally, I wouldn't be as concerned about reinventing the SEQ buttons or the Sampling buttons. I suppose it makes sense to have 1 surface for a mode..

It seems to me there is a lot of work to pull in all the other Tabs and Screens us SEQ people rely on
KronosRemote

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fair, I understand your point. I guess at the point of inserting new pages / advancing the SEQ mode it'd be useful to start a feature poll here to really get to know what people need. The Kronos is versatile enough that every user has his own workflow and preferred pages, there's nothing like a 'this is what you can do and this is how it works'-thing Smile

What about a piano-roll editor in the future? I'm not gonna promise something but this is something I'm thinking about...
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

cyros1 wrote:
Hello I know this comes up often in forums regarding the flat screen on the kronos, if korg reads these forums could you please put a tilt screen on the kronos , it is the single thing stopping me from buying one and sticking with my m3, now the LS version is being released which was the second reason I would not buy one, full weighted keys, it just needs the screen to be complete, the pa4x has a fantastic looking case and tilt screen, expense is often quoted as the reason they do not do it, but it would be worth paying more for or build it with no screen but a mount for an ipad that could control all functions, the kronos is due for a major facelift, please put a tilt screen on it.

Not only the angle, also the size is a problem..

Its not good that i am using a stylus for many of the editing..

If in a future model they decide to keep this userinterface...atleast 10"preferably a 12"screen is needed.

the need of this stylus makes real time editing while playing a burden...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
cyros1 wrote:
Hello I know this comes up often in forums regarding the flat screen on the kronos, if korg reads these forums could you please put a tilt screen on the kronos , it is the single thing stopping me from buying one and sticking with my m3, now the LS version is being released which was the second reason I would not buy one, full weighted keys, it just needs the screen to be complete, the pa4x has a fantastic looking case and tilt screen, expense is often quoted as the reason they do not do it, but it would be worth paying more for or build it with no screen but a mount for an ipad that could control all functions, the kronos is due for a major facelift, please put a tilt screen on it.

If in a future model they decide to keep this userinterface...atleast 10"preferably a 12"screen is needed.

i think you know this.

The angle can be compensated slightly and cheaply

Kronos is a compromise to many ideal features and is also rich in detail
Its not possible to have it 'both ways'

The Kronos is feature rich, and has numerous editing details, menus in Combi and esp SEQ mode. One cannot fat finger all the details on the LCD. A stylus is better , even a good pointer (which I use) is an improvement.

The often requested video out would certainly added another hundred $ ( or more) in cost.

Korg is smart. They know they had to keep the Kronos cost down where the board would stay at $3000 or less retail. I understand the retail price varies by country, etc, etc.

All the above has been discussed +5 yrs.

If I wasn't 95% satisfied with the Kronos, I would not have purchased it. A ''perfect"" product would cost much more. Realistically , for a company, its all about sales and creating demand.
donjuancarlos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a mouse and external monitor functionality on the Kronos. I was poking around the innards of my Kronos and noticed that there actually is a VGA port on the mobo. It would be the bomb if we could use it.
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bachus wrote:
cyros1 wrote:

i think you know this.

The angle can be compensated slightly and cheaply

Kronos is a compromise to many ideal features and is also rich in detail
Its not possible to have it 'both ways'

The Kronos is feature rich, and has numerous editing details, menus in Combi and esp SEQ mode. One cannot fat finger all the details on the LCD. A stylus is better , even a good pointer (which I use) is an improvement.

The often requested video out would certainly added another hundred $ ( or more) in cost.

Korg is smart. They know they had to keep the Kronos cost down where the board would stay at $3000 or less retail. I understand the retail price varies by country, etc, etc.

All the above has been discussed +5 yrs.

If I wasn't 95% satisfied with the Kronos, I would not have purchased it. A ''perfect"" product would cost much more. Realistically , for a company, its all about sales and creating demand.

I feel the same way about KRONOS.
95% satisfied.
No other synth or workstation has come close to giving me what KRONOS does.
Recently, on this forum i have talked about getting another synth to add to my setup, but i probably wont, (unless its another KRONOS).
Every time i fire up my KRONOS, i find new sonic possibillitys.
Currently, i am diving deep into the AL-1 engine.
Massive sound potential here!
KEYBOARD magazine once asked the question, is KRONOS the most powerfull synth ever?
That question has been answered for me.
Yes, KRONOS is the most powerfull synth ever. Smile
magname

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will it be release and what to expect ?
4 cores ?
bigger screen ?
This keyboard starts to be "old" even still at "top" !
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magname wrote:
4 cores ?
bigger screen ?

Korg does not read your posts. They will not reply.

They do not preannouce anything.

No one knows what Korg will do. They might do nothing on the W/s niche.

everything else is guessing.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magname wrote:
Around 2030 and rumors say it will include telepathic control.
magname wrote:
4 cores ?
16. With a big noisy fan to keep the unit from overheating. After all, maybe not, since people will complain about it.
magname wrote:
bigger screen ?
Yes. So much, it will have to be inserted between the two middle octaves and the keyboard split in two.
magname wrote:
Coming from someone who doesn't even own one, your objectivity is impressive.

On the other hand, Korg continues to sell quite a bit of Kronos units. A total of around 50000 units up to this day and many famous pros still using it live worldwide. Not bad for an obsolete product, I would say. Cool Personally, I enjoy my K2 daily several hours a day. IMHO the best digital musical instrument ever created. YMMV
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. u are on fire today.

I went into a future time vortex and got assimilated by the Borg Kronos collective.

It was wonderful. I was sooo connected.

It makes 4 core Mickey Mouse. Very Happy
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
LOL. u are on fire today.

I went into a future time vortex and got assimilated by the Borg Kronos collective.

It was wonderful. I was sooo connected.

It makes 4 core Mickey Mouse. Very Happy

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: