Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS and CUBASE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
methusala

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: KRONOS and CUBASE Reply with quote

I've probably asked this before but------I have recorded a song in Cubase (8.5) directly from a Combi in Combi mode without putting it into the sequencer first. It contains 10 timbres with Karma. In Cubase it is recorded in a single track.

Is it possible to get Cubase to separate out the 10 timbres into 10 separate tracks so I can mix them down further. I have not set up 10 individual tracks in Cubase before I began recording.

Here's hoping.

Patrick
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory here as I too am just starting out with these both. If you click on the midi phrase , not the track, then one of the main drop down menus there is a dissolve track option. Pick that and it will dissolve the midi phrase into individual tracks.

Steve V
ando727

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying you recorded an audio track on Cubase, or a MIDI track? If it's an audio track, no you can't separate out all the timbres.
Kronos 2 88, Korg T1, Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90, TC G-major II.
methusala

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I recorded a MIDI track so I am assuming the 'dissolve part' tab will produce extra lanes to match the number of timbres I recorded. I am away from everything at the moment. Thank you for your reply very much .

Patrick
methusala

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've unscrambled this only to be met with another problem.

I've dissolved parts OK but what I get is between 35-48 drop-down either lanes or Midi tracks depending. Is every key I press on the K being turned into a lane or Midi part. What I am after is each timbre should dissolve into a serarate track --max 16.

I'm sure there many who have achieved this ?

Patrick
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this tutorial.

https://youtu.be/2SbVxe-YZiQ

Steve V
methusala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Many thanks for highlighting this video. I have it up and running (paused) at the moment. I'm hoping it can deal with separating out the channels AFTER the event as well as getting the keyboard set-up before the recording begins.

Yours,
Patrick

PS I have since emailed Qui Robinez, who indicates it can be done so I need to get in front of the keyboard when I can.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only watched a few minutes of it but it's really helpful. I'd like to know how to get all of the tracks in a sequencer song including audio tracks onto Cubase in one quick and easy pass. Some of my songs use a lot of midi and audio tracks and I'd really like to be able to work with them in cubase.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm good question. Midi is easy, just squirt it over and dissolve into the tracks or save midi file, import to Cubase and do the same, but audio is the problem as I do not know any way that you can do this easily. The USB only allows a single stereo signal and if you use the audio outputs into an interface you are still limited and need to set them up.
It might be easier to lock yourself away for a week, copy each songs Miidi and audio to a folder and then manually rebuild the Audio section of each song in Cubase by inserting the audio wavs

I guess its down to how much you want to manipulate the Audio in the future. If you was happy with the Audio then you could just record all of it into one audio track in Cubase. Not ideal but then you can play with the Midi as much as you like as long as you kept within the limits of the static audio

If not then multi passes to record the audio is the only way I can see it

Steve V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: