Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM 2017 Surprise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm seems to me to be a guitar synth tuner.

In gold!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now in all seriousness, I would be excited to see a software version of Kronos 64bit utilizing all the best of a Seaboard as a controller!
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be something with NuTube (like SV-2), since NuTube is working in some new Vox amps as well...
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been too long since I visited. Wink Happy New Year!

If KORG wants to make a splash this NAMM, the New Toy needs to be one of these things:
    a Kronos successor with more engines
    a megasynth/rompler like the Montage - but I'd rather have a workstation
    a powerful modular VA like Arturia's Origin and/or Nord Modular, with modules of various flavors
    a Radias successor with a fuller control panel, and more flavors of buildingblocks like the KingKORG
    a digilogue hybrid like Roland's JD-XA
    a pure polysynth, like an ARP Chroma
    and a polypressure keyboard would be really REALLY nice, just sayin'

And by the way Jack, if you're still reading, I want to lobby for you to lobby KORG for that ARP Chroma polysynth. Pray
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Might be something with NuTube (like SV-2), since NuTube is working in some new Vox amps as well...

SV-2.. long overdue...

Its said before, combine SV-1 with kingkorg and Kronos technollogy.. and you have a Nord Stage competitor... that would be a blast... including nutube
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
OK,
Anadigi competitor to Behringer's synth, and Roland's JD series.

Polylogue full size analogue synth, based on the lessons learned and successes of the Mini/Monologues.

This makes the most sense
Korgs mini me's are probably starting to take a deep hit in the market share of poly's, because for a few bucks more you can explore a "DeeperMuscialMind" with 12 voices, not four, WOW factor, right? After an exhausting wait, the DM12's are just now starting to make their way into peoples homes and studio's ... the time is RIPE. Cause a disturbance in the force now ... Smile
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67

Last edited by Hooked On Sonics on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another possibility...

A Havian 400 pro, .. pa4x in a stage piano version...
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the hint is in the words "The Future".

This can't be some previous technology...it must be something more sophisticated that hasn't happened yet.

NuTube technology certainly is the future, and if they have used it in this new product then it must be hardware related...but what have they put it in?

Given this site is heavily Kronos inclined...it could be as Sharp states a new and sophisticated workstation.

Also, the hardware items released on the 12th were just limited number items, they will not be around for long except for the Mac Gadget.

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
I think the hint is in the words "The Future".

Billy

Hope it comes with awesome VR Headsets
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, excluding the workstations. Korg just doesn't have anything that can go up against the DM12 and MatrixBrute, my gut feeling says ... now they do
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The future of electronic music" is quite an avidly debated topic. I'm hoping that one day, every synth maker is producing their own Synclavier 9600 system with a nice big flashy controller, a big ribbon and the usual controllers, and a polypressure keyboard. But that probably goes with flying cars. Razz

One thing that people speculate is that the traditional workstation is almost dead. Yamaha has concluded that with the Montage. That the way forward is a powerful synth with decent controls, a MIDI player onboard, but that the sequencing is handled by a bundled DAW. And then people lament that they didn't make a workstation out of it, and many of them buy a Roland, KORG, Kurzweil or a used Motif instead. So it's hard to say.

But maybe this is a dual approach by KORG. You can buy a Kronos workstation, or you can buy a newfangled performance synth with all those engines and maybe a few more (Radias II, KK modules etc), with a nice well endowed control panel. The New "Optimus Prime" has tons of patches, an onboard SSD for sample playback in a high definition sampler/rompler engine, delicious pianos, organs and other traditional keyboards, modeled or semi-modeled, marvelous, rich synthesizers, managed with a nice color touch screen. It has space for SMF playback of multitrack MIDI performances, but it comes bundled with a quality DAW for full musical production of MIDI as well as audio, a serious DAW like Presonus' Studio One or Pro Tools, but easy to use and with plugin support for third party VSTs.

Maybe this will be more like Roland's JD-XA, a hybrid synth with a similar super control panel, a variety of synth engines on board and a performance oriented sequencer.

Either one sounds rather tasty.

Will that be the way KORG goes? I don't know, but doing something "future" had better be pretty ambitious.
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthguy wrote:
"The future of electronic music" is quite an avidly debated topic. I'm hoping that one day, every synth maker is producing their own Synclavier 9600 system with a nice big flashy controller, a big ribbon and the usual controllers, and a polypressure keyboard. But that probably goes with flying cars. Razz

One thing that people speculate is that the traditional workstation is almost dead. Yamaha has concluded that with the Montage. That the way forward is a powerful synth with decent controls, a MIDI player onboard, but that the sequencing is handled by a bundled DAW. And then people lament that they didn't make a workstation out of it, and many of them buy a Roland, KORG, Kurzweil or a used Motif instead. So it's hard to say.

But maybe this is a dual approach by KORG. You can buy a Kronos workstation, or you can buy a newfangled performance synth with all those engines and maybe a few more (Radias II, KK modules etc), with a nice well endowed control panel. The New "Optimus Prime" has tons of patches, an onboard SSD for sample playback in a high definition sampler/rompler engine, delicious pianos, organs and other traditional keyboards, modeled or semi-modeled, marvelous, rich synthesizers, managed with a nice color touch screen. It has space for SMF playback of multitrack MIDI performances, but it comes bundled with a quality DAW for full musical production of MIDI as well as audio, a serious DAW like Presonus' Studio One or Pro Tools, but easy to use and with plugin support for third party VSTs.

Maybe this will be more like Roland's JD-XA, a hybrid synth with a similar super control panel, a variety of synth engines on board and a performance oriented sequencer.

Either one sounds rather tasty.

Will that be the way KORG goes? I don't know, but doing something "future" had better be pretty ambitious.

WiFi / Bluetooth / VR programmable?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is some flagship class of synth I don't think it will be a Kronos replacement or full workstation. Maybe something along the lines of the Montage or a hybrid analog/VA. That's what I'm hoping for.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bets to the "future" is a controller keyboard with large touch-LCD running a Gadget app-type ecosystem.
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its one of these?

http://www.korg.com/uk/news/2017/0112/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: