Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A month till namm... (speculations)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the limited release in three weeks of the Full Size ARP Odyessy, we hope they have corrected the circuit wiring on the board with the LFO issues that the MINI version was flawed with.

If you created a short sharp envelope patch, and switch the ADSR LFO REPEAT on, what you *should* get when playing the keyboard is an initial trigger of the ADSR followed by repeats from the LFO - you should end up with a cleanly triggering psudo-step sequencer effect when playing melodies. The MINI had issues with this that could not be corrected by a patch, hope this has finally been corrected.
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:
With the limited release in three weeks of the Full Size ARP Odyessy, we hope they have corrected the circuit wiring on the board with the LFO issues that the MINI version was flawed with.

If you created a short sharp envelope patch, and switch the ADSR LFO REPEAT on, what you *should* get when playing the keyboard is an initial trigger of the ADSR followed by repeats from the LFO - you should end up with a cleanly triggering psudo-step sequencer effect when playing melodies. The MINI had issues with this that could not be corrected by a patch, hope this has finally been corrected.

That's interesting. I wonder if Korg feel they were fixing what they thought was an old flaw with the original, or did they just decide to change it.

If the latter, does that mean that under the hood the ARP Minin is laid out differently, and if so, does it actually sound like an ARP Odyessy? Would be interested to know from those who have used both how accurate the new one sounds.

It's unlikely Korg will change the character to what you describe, by the way. also - interesting (and disappointing) that you say the full keys version is a limited edition - it means Korg view minikeys as the norm and normal keys as the exception - not looking good for future synth releases.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Hooked On Sonics wrote:

That's interesting. I wonder if Korg feel they were fixing what they thought was an old flaw with the original, or did they just decide to change it.

I bought the subject up with Korg UK - They just said "That's the way it is with the current design". I got the feeling it was something to do with the new MIDI keyboard circuitry. They did offer to fix it for me - But I'd sent mine back by then. That one problem was a major deal breaker for me Rolling Eyes

I've been a MkIII Oddy user for almost 35 years, and soundwise, I couldn't tell the difference - Korg did a great job with it.

Koekepan wrote:
Speaking of workstations - how about a voice synthesis engine in Kronos? Something similar to UTAU.

It would certainly be useful for a wide range of productions.

That would be nice - I have to dig out and wire up my EH V256 everytime I need to do vocals on something... It's a pain. I guess I could learn how to sing though Wink

Last edited by Broadwave on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
wma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems a new keyboard upcomming in 12-01-2017 / after 5 days

[img]https://scontent.fjed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15871495_10154123247776080_5344450924905879585_n.jpg?oh=d112f050f9e8f12c538f2e6b29addfc4&oe=58DA5D2E[/img]

https://www.facebook.com/KORGusa/photos/a.115165546079.109471.66288391079/10154123247776080/?type=3
wma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i understant from what korg said on the post/picture " we're ready to take music to a new levl" then it's a new flagship - maybe
wma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or kronos version 3 - kronos 3 / a big update + new sound engines
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wma wrote:

The Kronos 2 has only been out a while - We've been crying out for new engines since Oasys/Kronos V1/X etc, so I can't see that happening anytime soon. I suspect it'll be another full size analogue poly of some kind... Maxilogue?
wma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
wma wrote:

The Kronos 2 has only been out a while - We've been crying out for new engines since Oasys/Kronos V1/X etc, so I can't see that happening anytime soon. I suspect it'll be another full size analogue poly of some kind... Maxilogue?

almost any keyboard comes from korg is interesting, even their analog stuff, a full size analogue keyboard will be great - something that sums up all their volca stuff & the minilogue in a single full-size keyboard combined with the ipad gadget is a really nice
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
wma wrote:

I agree. The Kronos 2 is sort of ' new' and I think there is a good supply at retail.

Korg is not going to introduce a Kronos 3 which will halt sales of the Kronos 2.
The retailers would scream

for new product replacements , the process has been to stop shipping the current model and allow the retailers 90 days ( est.) to sell off their inventory.

and I am not so sure if we should get all buzzing about a pronouncement of ' next level '.

Korg frequently uses that catch phrase:
http://www.korg.com/us/news/2014/022802/
wma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i remember, after about two year from the initial kronos korg has announced the kronos x, and after about twoyear from the kronos x korg announced the kronos 2 .. and i think we're now about two years from kronos2 'announced early 2015 maybe' .. for this i expected something like a kronos3
wma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg maybe did end up the line of the kronos with the platinum version and the ls in asia - maybe a totally new line or not a flagship workstation - something towards performance as an answer toyamaha montage
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Kronos 2 per se under the hood, I can update my 2011 Kronos to do what a Kronos 2 does. Kronos 2 is cosmetic updates to the exterior and larger HD. We can all download the last OS on any Kronos. Right?

Kronos is 6 years old....not to be viewed from release of Kronos 2 which is 2 years old I think?

I.m hoping it's a mega Hybrid Workstation...but eh, who know's.

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
wma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the picture says it's two keyboards, a live performance synth - in the picture ther's a player with two flagship keyboards performing live on stage
skinmechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on the picture link and 2 or 3 pictures in look at the keyboard next to the Minilogue looks like a full sized key version of something to replace the MicroKorg and it's silver?

The main picture at the top it's the Kronos, so maybe there is an update for kronos. The one underneath does look like a performance type keyboard though there seems to be more controls on the left but can't make it out.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wma wrote:
the picture says it's two keyboards, a live performance synth - in the picture ther's a player with two flagship keyboards performing live on stage

Could be the LS- which was announced for the Japan market at gakki

Billy, of course we all have the sonic version of the ' Kronos 2" under our Kronos.

Thats not debated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: