Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A month till namm... (speculations)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Studiologic has a new Numa Compact 2.

Is it still made from Wheelie Bin plastic that sags in the middle? The original Compact had the same vinyl casing as the VMK88 controller - Don't put it in your car on a hot day!
fcoulter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Studiologic has a new Numa Compact 2.

Is it still made from Wheelie Bin plastic that sags in the middle? The original Compact had the same vinyl casing as the VMK88 controller - Don't put it in your car on a hot day!

I'm also trying to figure out if the keys are fully weighted or semi-weighted.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dexibell also will feature a couple of new products, one of which looks like a new portable piano, and the other is the new Classico L3, which you can hear in action in this clip and this one.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Dexibell also will feature a couple of new products, one of which looks like a new portable piano, and the other is the new Classico L3, which you can hear in action in this clip and this one.

Portable church organ (classico). Looks like there is a niche market for this
fcoulter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

You had me hoping, but it's only one manual and has no pedals, much less "real" pedals. (Concave, radiating, 32 note.)

Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcoulter wrote:
Bachus wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

You had me hoping, but it's only one manual and has no pedals, much less "real" pedals. (Concave, radiating, 32 note.)

But then, it looks like this one is actually mobile...
fcoulter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
fcoulter wrote:
Bachus wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

But then, it looks like this one is actually mobile...

A light weight folding cabinet. Pedals and keyboards that can be dropped in. The electronics in a separate module. Quick connect plugs. That's my idea of a mobile organ.

If it could be transported in the back of my Outback and moved without a forklift (or a bunch of friends), then I'd call it portable. The biggest single piece is the pedal board, and I can't think of any way of making that smaller while still being functional. But the rest could either fold up or be easily dismantled.

(My Kronos and Tyros in decent cases, along with amps and ancillary equipment fit in my Outback, if the back seats are down.)

But that market niche is probably very small. When I want to learn organ, I'll probably just get a used Allen on eBay. They're usually somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,000. Building a virtual organ from Classic MIDI Works (https://www.midiworks.ca/) would be nice, but not cheap.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: