Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Local Kronos User Group
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darryll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Local Kronos User Group Reply with quote

Hello All:

I'm new to the Kronos and ABSOLUTELY love it! I've had the Yam. Motif, Rolands, K2600, etc. The Kronos is simply the best workstation I've ever seen/heard. Any-who, since you know that already, I won't belabor that point:

I've been a computer tech with 'computer' programming experience for 25 years. So I'm a technical guy. But I am 'very' new to synthesis/keyboard programming. I think I can ramp up pretty quickly given my background but this Kronos is DEEP (to put it mildly).

I was pondering the idea of starting a local Kronos User's Group (KUG). Even discussed it with the local Guitar Centers & they did not know of any. A KUG would simply be a comradery group of Kronos owners that could meet once/twice a month to hammer out and share programming tips, sound creation tips, and other tips. The group could pay membership fees. These fees could pay for speakers (like a Rich Formidoni Wink or even give donations to the groups main technical leader/presenter (which would NOT be me <LOL>).

This is just an idea that I would be very interested in and that could probably cut my learning curve time in HALF: At least. I would be willing to drive an hour or so for these meetings. I am in North Carolina.

Anyone interested??? Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea. Too bad I live in Toronto though.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
musicfrog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Local Kronos User Group Reply with quote

I was pondering the same idea of starting a local Kronos User's Group (KUG): Just to meet in person and discuss and help each other with tips and tricks.

I am in Byron Bay, Australia?

Is there anyone close by who likes to meet?
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi music frog... We've got one in Melbourne called the Kronos Enthusiast Workshops. It's in FB too. Workshops are held in Keyboard Corner Boronia.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
musicfrog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks narf. What do mean by FB?
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

noticing a heavily weighted response in Oz.
I'm in Canberra, and midway between both of you. Pity...it's just a bit far for me as a regular thing in either direction, though I do get around Boronia sometimes Smile

Chris
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also one several times per year in Dortmund, Germany.
It gives a lot of information and listening to new sounds (from Kurt Ader).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Darryll

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is confirmed that this is a good idea then. Cool! Any interested persons in the North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, TN, VA, areas...please reply. Let's get started. Also email me at PlayThoseKeys@GMail.com so that we can link up without making this such a long thread.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder if there are any other people here in Toronto who would be into doing this.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
rickster1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darryl....I'm in Hilton Head, SC. Would be interested in such a group if it was within a couple hours' drive.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is to use Skype. Almost as good as in-person from the comfort of your home studio.

You can set up one to one or group meetings, with or without video as well as audio and chat. You can also share files such as .PCGs this way.

This option would allow guest speakers from anywhere on the globe. By setting up regular meeting days and times, anyone from Kronos forums could join whenever it is convenient for them.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
Another option is to use Skype. Almost as good as in-person from the comfort of your home studio.

You can set up one to one or group meetings, with or without video as well as audio and chat. You can also share files such as .PCGs this way.

This option would allow guest speakers from anywhere on the globe. By setting up regular meeting days and times, anyone from Kronos forums could join whenever it is convenient for them.

yes, that works really good. Another option is google hangouts.

the only drawback is the time difference if you create groups with people from all over the world.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicfrog wrote:
What do mean by FB?

Facebook. Francis Capistrano, from this forum, has a Kronos group there - KRONOS Enthusiast Workshops.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/346046292093241/
Darryll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
psionic311 wrote: Another option is to use Skype. Almost as good as in-person from the comfort of your home studio.

GREAT idea. I am tied up right now on a couple projects but will try to work on setting this up in the next few months.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one for St Louis Kronos users on FB (I'm in it), but it doesn't get much traffic - most of the other Kronos groups get it.

My suggestion would be to start there. You're more likely to find owners in your area.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: