Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D3200 easy question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peedenmark7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:35 pm    Post subject: D3200 easy question Reply with quote

Have been using a d3200 for a couple years to do simple demo work so as not to have to scratch track in the studio, time to upgrade to modern hardware/pc based , but trying to get through this last demo.

My question is , Ive never used more than 12 channels for simple demo work, so switching over to 16-32 , There is nothing in the manual about which inputs that correspond to those channels.

So If I want to record on ch 13, am I starting over at input 1 ?
Really a silly layout. If they included 16 inputs it would've made more sense.
HELP !

thanks
bandtracker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D3200 can only record up to 12 tracks at the same time. So the default setup has each of the 12 analog inputs (those directly accessible on the top of the D3200) get mapped to tracks 1-12. It is possible to remap these, so that (for example) a mic connected to XLR input 4 would be recorded on track 14. For me I have found that to be more work to configure that change, so I use a different option: If I have already captured something on track 4 from input 4, and want to capture a new take, I just use the Edit function "Copy Whole Track" to save a copy of what I previously captured on track 4 into some other track numbered higher than 12.

(I am ignoring the option to capture recording input from two more inputs from the digital input on the back of the unit, which requires use of an external preamp or A/D converter, and syncing the D3200's clock with the clock of that external device, which is more complicated).
bandtracker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that if you are working with a song file which is using 24-bit audio, such a song file can only have 16 tracks. To use more than 16 tracks, the song file has to be using 16-bit audio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: