Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chord Seguencer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Chord Seguencer Reply with quote

Can any one tell me what use this function is. I have had a Pa3x since they came out and have yet found a use for it.
angelitto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this option you can record a song in midi format, and later add some new tracks if you want.
barry murphy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't thought of that. Of course you could make a midi track of an entire song with a drum kit and then put it on DAW and add!
I've been using it for difficult chords in a song but its very hard to get it to start properly.
By recording an entire song you could work back and forth.
This would suit studio 1 very well. I'll try it!!!
Thanks to poster and angelitto
Barry
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Chord Seguencer Reply with quote

RC wrote:
Can any one tell me what use this function is. I have had a Pa3x since they came out and have yet found a use for it.

This video might help you in a way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdgO4Msz5q0

You can use it to loop a chord progression and improvise over it as long as you like. You can even change Vars and stuff while it's looping. As soon as you press intro 1 or any style element that has "Pre-recorded" chord progression, it automatically stops the Chord Sequencer.

angelitto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry about confusion. I was talking about "Sequencer". "Chord Sequencer" is like Sam said, a chord progression and you can play it in loop as much as you want and improvise along with it.
Thanks Sam for correction!
RC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sam.
Thanks for the video. I know how the function works but here is my thought. I certainly would not use this if I was playing out because I would have to set there and go through the chord progressions. I found I can do a better job by going into the sequencer (quick record), the chords are recorded. Go back and put the runs or other things by using multi track. I then can save the song and put it in the Song book. I can then call the song up at anytime and play both hands. If a person could use Chord sequencer and then move the progression into the sequencer I could see a better use for it. Thanks again for the info. but I still do not see a sensible use for this.
RC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sam.
Thanks for the video. I know how the function works but here is my thought. I certainly would not use this if I was playing out because I would have to set there and go through the chord progressions. I found I can do a better job by going into the sequencer (quick record), the chords are recorded. Go back and put the runs or other things by using multi track. I then can save the song and put it in the Song book. I can then call the song up at anytime and play both hands. If a person could use Chord sequencer and then move the progression into the sequencer I could see a better use for it. Thanks again for the info. but I still do not see a sensible use for this.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I find it quiet useful. It's basically a simple looper. Many times you don't want to record or pre-record anything if just you want to polish a melody or a vocal phrase and stuff... or if you want to loop a chord progression on the fly in a live situation where you can't stop the music and go to sequencer mode and all that! If you use it a few times, you will find a place for this feature for sure.

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angelitto wrote:
Oh, sorry about confusion. I was talking about "Sequencer". "Chord Sequencer" is like Sam said, a chord progression and you can play it in loop as much as you want and improvise along with it.
Thanks Sam for correction!

I know! It's a tricky name. They should've used a name like "Chord Looper" or something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: