Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos effects struggle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigsteve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Kronos effects struggle Reply with quote

Hi folks

I,m a new forum member who really needs some help. Am loving my new kronos 88 Platinum but am totally confused by the effects and how to implement them. I am not technically minded and need a simple step by step guide. To keep it simple I have the following scenario:

Setup the sequencer with bass on track 1, piano on track 2, pad on track 3 and drums track 4. If some life saver could tell me step by step for example, how to put lots of reverb on the drums on track 4, and say a delay on the piano on track 2.

Again, please keep your explanation as simple as possible, a step by step, button by button explanation would mean the world.

If somebody could show me this I'm sure I could then get the hang of it, but its currently getting me down.

Your help is really appreciated.

Cheers
onsenonsen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos effects struggle Reply with quote

Read "Using effects in Combinations and Songs" on page 216 of the Operation Guide.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"IFX" tab Page is what you want ,then use "Insert FX" tab to open the page where you select what effects will go into the insert slots of IFX1-12. You have to turn on each of IFX 1-12 to get the effects to work on tracks you assign them to. Also there is the chaining of effects which can help you perhaps chain two or more reverb effects to get more reverb over your sound.
"Midi routing" tab page is where you assign each insert effect 1-12 into a track.
Then there is "IFX 1-12" tab page which will give you edit options for each inserted effect. Different editable parameters per each effect and some are more complicated than others. It can get into assignment of controls per effect for using controls over some effect parameters. Even using LFO to modulate some effects.

Read the Operation guide section that was recommended above and then come back with questions. Thats always best when starting from scratch. It really does take prior experience with trying out or doodling first hand while following the operation guide, before much sense can be made of whatever is posted to the forum.
Bigsteve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice, I will have a play around. Much appreciated.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui Robinez has many video tutorials which would probably help you a lot.

Here's one on how to create a combi with the Kronos. In it he covers how to use the effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7frcN8ASFk0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: