Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading into specific banks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Loading into specific banks Reply with quote

I've purchased some soundsets seeing as they're on sale right now. The K Sounds Organimation being one of them. When I start to load it into my Kronos I see it says Prog U-G. The thing is, I have a lot of sounds already in that bank and I am using some of them in Combis and a lot of them are also in my Set Lists.

Before I fully load the sound set into my baby, I want to know if I am going to be able to assign it to an open memory bank. I have a lot of space in the double letter banks so if I can assign the sounds there, that would be awesome!

This also applies to Qui Robinez's free Lost in Space sound set.

I'm hoping to avoid having to move a bunch of sounds to new locations and reconnect all of the internal links.

Any help would be greatly Appreciated!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

First off do a SAVE ALL, if you have not already done so, as a backup to prevent anything untoward happening in the load process.

Then go to the PCG file that you wish to load. If you press LOAD now then it will load into bank U-G (i.e. at this level the programs will load into the original banks, which is not what you want). So don't press LOAD right now! Shocked

Instead, press OPEN to "drill down" into the PCG, and then ensure PROGRAMS is selected (it will be if it is the only item in the file) and press OPEN to drill down again. Select the bank that you want to load and press LOAD.

You will now get a dialog showing the programs going to the U-G bank, but before selecting OK, use the TO dropdown to select the bank that you want to load into. Once you have selected the bank that you want press OK

HTH.

BYW, I find Korg's approach, allowing you to drill into files in DISK mode and select an alternate banks to be brilliant, as is the ability to audition programs (that don't rely on items not already loaded) from DISK mode without loading them. It's very well thought out. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's really easy to do, check around 09:40 in the tutorial to see how you can load sound sets in different banks

jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I really did think there was a way to do it! Thanks again! I have to wait until tomorrow. I have to get another USB stick and I have a coupon that doesn't kick in until tomorrow. Gotta save money as well as save all!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek,

Thank you so much for this reminder. Great info.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Derek,

Thank you so much for this reminder. Great info.

You're welcome Smile

Just giving a little back where I can after all the good advice I had when coming up the learning curve of this mighty synth. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is weird. I've got a properly formatted 36 G Usb stick. I've got other back up sticks that I've used before but I don't want to overwrite them.

On this new one I can't seem to save everything. Song data for example even though I've got every box red. my new one is a 3.0 but I do know that it is backwards compatible.

I'm watching Qui's video just to double check that I'm not doing anything wrong but for some reason after numerous attempts, I'm still not getting everything saved. Any ideas anybody?
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I get this message, "No t Enough Space on Medium".
ando727

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
For some reason I get this message, "No t Enough Space on Medium".

Have you used this drive on a Mac by any chance?

If so, your mac may have an invisible trash folder on there that is using up a lot of capacity. If you do use a Mac, either reformat or insert it back in your Mac and empty the trash can.

If this doesn't apply to you, it sounds like the drive is faulty.
Kronos 2 88, Korg T1, Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90, TC G-major II.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't own a Mac so I think the drive is defective too.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the memory stick formatted? I don't think the Kronos likes NTFS formatted drives.

If you have nothing else on the drive (or can save off the content if you do) it might be worth trying to format on the Kronos?

My Echoes Music Website
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Kronos to format the USB stick.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:

Thanks but I do. I format it to Fat 16. I even tried the slow format but it made no difference. I'm using a brand new stick, freshly formatted so that it has absolutely nothing on it at all.

It's a Madonna stick. Like A Virgin! Wink

I'm going to go back to the store; "Staples"; where I bought it and exchange it for another one. I think I'm going to get a bigger one too.

I just can't for the life of me figure out any other explanation except that it must be a defective stick. It's a ScanDisk. I've used them before and had no trouble at all backing up my Kronos.

It's just weird.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also consider using PCG Tools for combining sounds from various PCG files.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
Mike Conway wrote:

Thanks but I do. I format it to Fat 16. I even tried the slow format but it made no difference. I'm using a brand new stick, freshly formatted so that it has absolutely nothing on it at all.

It's a Madonna stick. Like A Virgin! Wink

I'm going to go back to the store; "Staples"; where I bought it and exchange it for another one. I think I'm going to get a bigger one too.

I just can't for the life of me figure out any other explanation except that it must be a defective stick. It's a ScanDisk. I've used them before and had no trouble at all backing up my Kronos.

It's just weird.

Fwiw, I had two SanDisk USB sticks go bad real quick. The first was really hot when it died. Both seemed to die after connecting to the Kronos. Other no name brand sticks work fine. Not sure what's going on,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: