Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Editor VST not recognizing Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Kronos Editor VST not recognizing Kronos Reply with quote

I actually have 2 problems right now with my Kronos setup and I think they are MIDI related.

The editor when running in my DAW, will only detect the Kronos ver 3.0.4 if I unplug every usb keyboard except the Kronos. If any other keyboard is connected the vst editor trys to get the sysex from them and says, "no Kronos Ver 3.0 or higher detected?? When I do "get" from Kronos Editor in the VST it trys to get the data from the other devices. When I ran the Standalone editor I set the midi options to Kronos Midi in only. If I run the 1.15r14 midi driver uninstall utility to remove the devices and unplug them the VST editor works. However, I then can't use my Audio interface the Focusrite Scarlet 18i8 (first model released.) Nor can I use the Akai Advance, or Novation SLmkii25.

In reaper when not using the editor and even having the correct drivers for each USB controller, I can't control the Kronos when I insert a midi track from say the advance or Slmkii25 as the midi in and setting the midi out on the same track to "Kronos 1 Sound"

I am running the controllers through a powered USB Hub, on a Dell Laptop running Windows 10, 16gb ram, and 1TB SSD. The Kronos is not plugged into the same hub. I have no idea why the Korg Midi driver has to act like the other devices driver as though its a universal midi/USB driver.
I tried uninstalling the Korg Driver and re-installing.

I hope this is all clear for you guys that might be able to shed light on this.
I tried several ways to route the midi data in REAPER (my DAW) in order to control the Kronos when not using the editor.
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your computer type? Windows PC?

If so, perhaps plug in only the Kronos usb first then turn on the PC?

See if the Kronos shows up as recognized.

Then add the other midi devices.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the editor is opened, it will automatically search through the various MIDI ports looking for the Kronos. It will set the ports based on the Kronos replying but if it fails to do so, the editor will default to using the first MIDI IN and MIDI OUT port.

If you want to avoid this process, open the plugin, click on "GLOBAL" and then the "Plug-in Options" tab. Press the "Preferences" button to open the Preferences dialog and click on the "Midi In Ports...." button. Here uncheck the "Use All Available MIDI Ports" check box and select just the Kronos driver and press the OK button.

Repeat the process in the previous paragraph for the MIDI OUT ports as well. This will ensure that the plug-in only has access to the Kronos MIDI ports even if the detection process fails.

Doing this should address your problem #2 as well.
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ksynth and SoundQuest. I am going to power the windows power laptop on with only the kronos on, then once windows boots I will turn on the audio interface. SQ- Hopefully the kronos midi in 1 isn't greyed out once I uncheck all devices. If it is I'm pretty much at my wits end. I wrote a cool song though last night using audio tracks I will upload it to my reverbnation account within an hour. The song is called Defeat of the Devils Child. You can hear it soon at http://www.reverbnation.com/DiBellaSoundtracks MY FOcusrite 18i8 (first release) is glitchy too, sometimes there is poping and clicking until I shut it off and unplug it for about 10 to 15 seconds, then reboot. I'm a little peeved that just a couple months after I bought the 18i8 that they release new audio interfaces for Win 10 it seems. Uggh!
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=" MY FOcusrite 18i8 (first release) is glitchy too, sometimes there is poping and clicking until I shut it off and unplug it for about 10 to 15 seconds, then reboot. I'm a little peeved that just a couple months after I bought the 18i8 that they release new audio interfaces for Win 10 it seems. Uggh![/quote]

Could be the buffer setting? What DAW r u using? Adjust buffer etc

Update driver available?

Does it need USB 2 (Not usb1 port etc)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: