Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what comes after kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
street

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormC wrote:
street wrote:
Yamaha just added custom user arpeggios in the new 1.2 update for Montage. so hope is not gone. with such feature, for me is enough.
in the Kronos you must use software, to create a so called GE!

For $169 you can get the Karma software to create your own GEs which as you already know are more than just arpeggios.

and for that amount you could also get a proper DAW and sequence like a human being on an actual screen with keyboard & mouse.
NormC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

street wrote:
NormC wrote:
street wrote:
Yamaha just added custom user arpeggios in the new 1.2 update for Montage. so hope is not gone. with such feature, for me is enough.

For $169 you can get the Karma software to create your own GEs which as you already know are more than just arpeggios.

and for that amount you could also get a proper DAW and sequence like a human being on an actual screen with keyboard & mouse.

So go do that and stop trolling here. Obviously you have no clue about the power of Karma. Good day.
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormC wrote:
street wrote:
NormC wrote:
street wrote:

So go do that and stop trolling here. Obviously you have no clue about the power of Karma. Good day.

Applause

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
street

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you've no idea what Trolling is. perhaps you're the one that's trolling?
It's a FORUM, which is a place for people to exchange OPINIONS. and that's my opinion owning a Kronos and seriously contemplating the Montage.
street

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ2 wrote:

Applause

Thanks! Rolling Eyes
fcoulter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

street wrote:
NormC wrote:
street wrote:

As has been pointed out elsewhere, the needs of the studio musician are very different than the needs of the gigging/improvising musician. You, my friend, are obviously a studio musician. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma is not a ****g arp!!
Karma is not a not a ****g arp!!
Karma is not a ****g arp!!

.... and the above is absolutely True!!

Arpeggiation is just one of more obvious uses as that is what Kronos comes loaded with, but it's way, way beyond that.

Those who haven't used the karma editor or Krama Engine (beyond arps), can argue day and night, but most likely don't understand Karma engine at all, and the software will only add to their frustrations.

If You Think a DAW can Replace Karma feature set you are highly mistaken, and as I said above, you likely don't understand it enough. NO DAW, with all its midi Plugins combined (not all Daw's support midi plugins anyway) can come even close to it, but all that is Subjective, if it does not work for you, it useless for you.

For me (as well some others) who have used that software can only admire the Genius Mind that has gone in it's creation. Sure it has it's limitations but so does anyone. Just my view of-course.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

street wrote:
NormC wrote:
street wrote:

The topic here is " What comes after Kronos "

Its annoying when jumps in with something different and an argument starts.

You could start another post topic.
fcoulter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
If You Think a DAW can Replace Karma feature set you are highly mistaken, and as I said above, you likely don't understand it enough.

Interesting. I just went to http://www.karma-lab.com/, KNOWING that there must be a plug-in version of KARMA for DAWs. Nope. I was wrong. You need a keyboard to run KARMA.

I wonder why he hasn't written a VST version of it. It would seem to me that KARMA would be useful within a DAW, not just as part of a keyboard.

But what do I know? I haven't really dug into it yet. (So much to learn. So little time.)

Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

Purusha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from a multi-touch screen, I'm not sure there's much I'd change.

Upgradeable innards for an existing Kronos to a newer version would be my preferred way forward.
wma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe korg listened to me Smile

#DontCompromise #DemandKorg

To make your Wednesday a little better, we'll be live tweeting at 3pm EST. Tweet your questions at @korgusa Wink

https://web.facebook.com/KORGusa
fcoulter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wma wrote:

To make your Wednesday a little better, we'll be live tweeting at 3pm EST. Tweet your questions at @korgusa Wink

For those of us at work (and who's network blocks FaceBook), can someone post the highlights?

wma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want something like this...

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=eae4cd32-750d-4fd4-8aef-404bde3506c5

i've sketched it before
fcoulter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purusha wrote:
Apart from a multi-touch screen, I'm not sure there's much I'd change.

I'd like an external touch sensitive monitor, but one which doesn't merely duplicate what's on the touchscreen. Imagine the Kronos sequencer with a "real" monitor.

wma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcoulter wrote:
wma wrote:

For those of us at work (and who's network blocks FaceBook), can someone post the highlights?

hello dear, this is at twitter

KORG USA ‏@KorgUSA
Making your Wednesday a bit better. We're LIVE tweeting today at 3pm EST! Ask us your questions! #AskKorg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: