Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How does pa3x hold its own?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: How does pa3x hold its own? Reply with quote

So after the announcement of pa4x (tyros5 and Ketron SD7), how does the pa3x hold up... I am looking for a replacement for a G70.. And inside the budget there is room for a used Pa3x, a used SD7 or a used Tyros4...

So here my question, how does the pa3x hold itselves to the pa4x ( which i think is the best arranger arround) when it comes to to style and sound quallity? To my knowledge, where it comes to functionallity, the only real step forward for the pa4x is playing styles directly from USB and a chordsequencer?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bachus

When the PA4X was released I decided that I was possibly NOT going for it.
First reason is that Korg arrangers in Australia are poorly marketed plus all (and I do mean "ALL") my local retailers rarely stock them.
PA4x is expensive and I swore I would never spend that much money on a keyboard "sight-unseen".
Second main reason was that, regarding my PA3X, I had never been so content and happy with any other arranger keyboard.
It did everything I wanted, sounded outstanding and always a joy to play.

Well I have to eat my words a bit because I DID buy the PA4X "sight-unseen".
Fortunately I had no regrets at all and believe it was worth the money and risk (I guess a risk is always "worth it" if it has a good outcome!! Very Happy )

So, I would strongly recommend the PA3X if cost is an issue and I still concur with DonM's quote in the other topic:-
DonM wrote:
Of course it (PA3X) is a great board! However the 4X is leaps and bounds better, with the new sound generation, finally great guitars, wonderful piano, much better drums, etc. Also the 4X can audition styles directly from USB.
Many features remain the same though. If money isn't a real factor, go for the PA4X, 3X is still a great kb.

However, please be advised to review some of the comments from forum members like AntonySharmann regarding changes in the PA4X in case they are of significance to you.
The PA4X has a new OS - not a "re-vamped" one from previous models so there is a bit of a learning curve and re-adjustment coming from an older model (PA2X/PA3X).

I personally think the PA3/4X is streaks ahead of the Tyros 4/5 - I agree Tyros has some nice sounds but that is about where it stops for me - personally, Tyros will never be a professional keyboard until Yamaha get off their lazy backsides and re-design its OS and control surface but Tyros, although grossly over-priced, is definitely the best non-professional arranger IMHO (I have owned one and played it side-by-side with my Korg PA).
I am unable to comment on SD7.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
barry murphy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh pete. You have exactly shown why I have not updated to a 4x (and probably never will unless we have a fire or someone steals it.)
I realize why all the gushing over the 4x is going on despite some of the lesser attributes of the 4x.
My reasons are simple. I have a machine that does everything I want and with seemingly no faults.
At my age, outlaying such an amount of money again is not within my reach.
At my age and being not a gigger, there is no need to get something better simply for the fact of having one.( My subaru is 15 years old and a amazing car and fits all my model planes with ease so why change?
I can only say to the poster of this thread that either machine will satisfy him fully and so it will probably come down to price!!
Barry
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the PA3x support for mac Book?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: