Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem w/ Voice Processor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TampaGuy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Problem w/ Voice Processor Reply with quote

Hey folks, having a problem w/ the voice processor that I can't figure out. It seems to work ok except when I want to use harmony; then it emits an awful feedback-like sound. Once I deselect "harm/model" it returns to normal, but then there is no harmony, which defeats the purpose. I've tried all kinds of different modifications on all the tabs (including killing any effects), but nothing gets rid of the background noise except killing the harmony. I get it in any preset I select.

I've tried diff. mics (Sennheiser, EV) but that has no effect, and these are not crap mics. I've tried moving as far away from the unit as possible (~20'), but that didn't help either (and again, defeats the purpose). I've tried at least 100+ diff. mods, but nothing I do has any effect.

Is this a known characteristic of these units? Is there some secret I'm not aware of? How can I eliminate the awful noise and just hear clear harmony? Thanks for any input you can provide.
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: hi friend tc helicon voice ? problem ? Reply with quote

hello friend a question. you bought the option tc helicon voice harmonizer? or you have the keyboard brings free (demo)? if you have only brings the keyboard factory will be a little problematic use. deve somehow you look at the manual. as there is an option where you can look at the manual where you can program the chords of his right hand with the voices you want to use, when you sing a song. btw I do not like even that mode using the mode .siento harmonizer voice a little confusing the harmony and not exactly as the vocal work I want to do. in summary it is very limited the use of this vocal harmonizer (but I really like the voacles effects (EFX vowels delay chorus flanger rebervs limitadors etc etc etc) is very good for singing ,,, but the harmonizer is somewhat confusing ..ok best regards (note) tc helicon has very good equipment for sale on the web to sing and wear very extraordinary and not very expensive see on the web tc helicon voiceplay etc etc etc are much better)
TampaGuy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response, but if I understand what you are saying, you perhaps misunderstood my OP. The option key (which hasn't been available for many years) was for using pitch correction and voice modeling, neither of which I'm using. You can demo them, but the screen clearly flashes "Demo Mode" when you do, and cycles out every 30 seconds.

I'm simply using the harmonizer, a standard feature. There are a number of presets (Grand Unison, The Monks, Blues in C, Alien Chorus, etc.) you can select, or you can create your own, but either way, I still get that nasty feedback.

I saw an old post in here where a fellow suggested changing from chord scanning to full keyboard, but that didn't help. But I did discover 1 thing: when I remove the pop filter and sing directly against the windscreen--virtually swallowing the mic--it reduces the feedback somewhat...but not completely. This is counter to what every mic manufacturer recommends and something I've never needed to do in any other setup. Not to mention how difficult it would be in a live performance. Maybe it takes a special mic, maybe my unit has gone bad. Dunno.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say my old Pa1x finally got recycled in the local e-waste collection last week (the screen died 6 months ago) so already I can't remember where all the controls were. However I never really had problems with the harmoniser. I tended to use simple one or at the most two part harmony and no doubling up. The more voices and effects the more chance of feedback. There are a lot of possible causes,could be the natural reverb of your room or an over boost in your EQ settings.
TampaGuy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting pts., Reuben. I have been using 3- & 4-part harmonies, and have noticed less feedback when there are less voices. Unfortunately, I really wanted those extra voicings. I do kill any effects and instead use external effects after the signal has been produced and sent from the unit.

I haven't tried anything w/ the master EQ; it's a separate menu from the Global - Voice Processor Presets menu, and I've been relying on the (considerable) various settings in there. I'll look at the master and see if there's anything I can do to lessen/eliminate the effect. Thanks.
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject: hi tampaguy hi friend... is better buy tc helicon voice Reply with quote

look friend is better you buy the device "tc Helicon VoiceLive Play" and you will avoid problems and this is wonderful and you can sing with several vocal harmonies without problem the price is very good and cheap and if I think you are living in EU much better there find it in any store. good luck.
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject: hi REUBEN from mexico old pa1x ? oooh Reply with quote

hello friend reuben as sorry that your "old" Pa1X is no longer working and I see that you say and does not work the screen of your Pa1X (I ask you) what time you worked with that good Pa1X? As was the time that you worked with you? look at my keyboard Pa1X already has seven years working with me and very well ..the I've worked a lot with this faithful coworker. I am very happy with this keyboard Pa1X and grateful because I live in Mexico and I have a Pa1X keyboard here is very expensive for the economy of the country is very bad mexico .... reuben friend thanks for those samplers of pianos you gave here in the forum korg. I just hope that even my keyboard Pa1X EVEN MORE TIME WORK WITH ME. BUY ANOTHER HARD AS IT IS SO SOON MANY AMERICAN DOLLAR RAISED AND IS VERY DIFFICULT TO BUY Other Do PA1X2 ... O PAX3 PAX4 VERY DIFFICULT I SEE friend I reuben you receive a very cordial greeting and god bless you from mexico arthur selvas.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to here from you and thank you for your kind words. The Pa1x is still a very nice piece of equipment and I was sorry to see it go. Just in case anyone missed the piano expansion I'll post the link one more time.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2wfl0tcraggbzo/NewPA1xPianos.SET.zip?dl=0
John
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: HI REUBEN FROM MEXICO Reply with quote

ohh thank my good friend REUBEN very well but still have not told me that time you worked with the paix ask this because I'm afraid mine already left little time to continue working. because I told him that mine Pa1X already has seven years and I fear that fits little time running this keyboard that both helps me in my work. good friend if you could have other sounds you make well I thank you if you could share it here. I would be very grateful, I have some good sounds that have changed in my Pa1X and could send you (via email) with much taste .I think they are very good. receive a strong virtual hug and thank you very much for your support and friendship . from mexico arthur selvas best regards
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: im sorry es very bad google traslate sorry Reply with quote

REUBEN I could send you the sounds you've modified Pa1X gladly. Just tell me. How could I send to you? . Thank you. Embarassed Embarassed
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberto . I have had my korg pa1x for about 10 years and it's still going strong .i play it every day and gig with it every week . I have bumped it ,drop it and banged it many times when taking it in and out of the car for gigs by accident . You have nothing to worry about ! It's built like a tank and just keeps going .
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: vale la pena ,,,,,, ¿ hablas español ? Reply with quote

hi amigo si es cierto este teclado es una maravilla. aqui en mexico es muy caro tener un teclado así me costó $3500 dls usa pero estoy feliz es un gran teclado este pa1x ok te mando un saludo muy cordial y toda la suerte del mundo. ( translates from Spanish to English) best ragards
bortchy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: vale la pena ,,,,,, ¿ hablas español ? Reply with quote

robertocarlo wrote:
hi amigo si es cierto este teclado es una maravilla. aqui en mexico es muy caro tener un teclado así me costó $3500 dls usa pero estoy feliz es un gran teclado este pa1x ok te mando un saludo muy cordial y toda la suerte del mundo. ( translates from Spanish to English) best ragards

ja kaj naj rečem . Čudno smešno na hipe butasto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: