Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Launching new site.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Launching new site. Reply with quote

Just wondering if it would be okay to post a new site I'm launching featuring my original material. Features quite a bit of Kronos. Don't want to break any rules. Thanks.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a link and see if it gets you banned Wink

Regards
Sharp.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of Kronos on this site. Sharp, please delete if this is against the rules.

www.kevinkreismusic.com
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
Sharp, please delete if this is against the rules.

Not at all, I strongly welcome posts like this. Thank you for sharing your music.

Regards
Sharp.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, looks great! What kind of stand is that - the one with only one pole like a mic stand???
The one on the tour page.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
Kevin, looks great! What kind of stand is that - the one with only one pole like a mic stand???
The one on the tour page.

LOL. That stand is the Twister stand. Worked great when I was only using one keyboard (M3-73). I now use the Kronos 61 being triggered by a PX-5S, so using the Apex stand now. I welcome any critique on my site or music. Thanks everyone.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Kevin. You can put your website in your signature part of your profile.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lunar Waves song is really really nice. Perhaps the strings seem a tad intrusive to my admittedly jaded ears (my golden rule for strings is less is more).

Great stuff.
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work Kevin. Great site. The only critique I would give is in the mix. a little more panning would be awesome.
Gaston

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding website and great recording work Kevin! Thanks for sharing. I think of them all I like "Jiggs" most. I also really liked the sound of the soprano sax you're using! I had to do a double take to realize it was your Kronos. I appreciate very much the prog rock influence, you've got really strong hands for that. Great punctuation, outstanding composition!

I'm not a schooled musician at all. I've always just sat in front of a keyboard and just sort of picked and poked at it my whole life. But I must say a huge thank you to Korg for the amazing instruments they've put under our hands precisely so that guys like us can flesh out our most intense passions.

I'll post my website below if you get some time and want to check out some of what I'm doing. Some of the videos are exclusively Kronos, some are partially Kronos and Steinway. The older stuff was done on my old Korg PL 200 which now my niece plays cause she's bitten by the same bug we got. I do a mix of solo work, duo, trio,...right on up to ten piece and my Kronos has opened doors of inspiration and opportunity to me that honestly I never thought were possible. One of my trios is working up an album to be published hopefully sometime next spring. Thanks so much for sharing your inspirations with us!

Respectfully,
John (Gaston)
www.johnriger.com
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Honestly, I didn't expect to get much feedback on my site. Thank you to everyone. Couple things: on "Lunar Waves" it's David Ragsdale (Kansas) on violin. On "Jiggs" it's Andy West (Dixie Dregs) on bass. On "Slowpoke" it's a real sax player. I had nothing to do with recording, production or bringing in players. I wrote the material and played all keys parts. With the exception of "Sonsong" all these tunes were recorded years ago. I'm at the point in my life I'd really like to take my musical career to the next level. Not looking to be rich or famous, just play with great musicians. Also, I'm able to tour. I figured releasing a website with some of my material to the public, like I said, hoping to take my career to another level. Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback and to Sharp for such an awesome forum.
Kevin Kreis Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: