Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genesis Tony Banks sounds on Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alan - how far along is that Quadra emulation? I haven't talked to Joachim in a few years.
mocando
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanjpearson wrote:

Not true - the Verghese ProSoloist Rack + has Quadra emulation in it.

Well, I stand corrected, but I meant "software" emulation. Although, I wasn't very clear.

Anyway, nice gear (I almost said nice r... Shocked Laughing )

Korg Gear: Wavestation
Korg Software: KLC Wavestation, iWavestation for iPad
Non Korg: M-Audio Code 61 MIDI Controller, Nektar GX49 MIDI Controller
Music Computing: 16in Macbook Pro with Touch Bar Mid 2019, i9 32GB RAM 2TB Flash, MacOS Catalina - 2019 iPad Air 64GB
Software: Apple MainStage, Arturia V Collection 7, Arturia OB-Xa V
Visit: Synth Fans :: Everything Synths Twitter: @korgfans
alanjpearson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
Hey Alan - how far along is that Quadra emulation? I haven't talked to Joachim in a few years.

It is working Bill though limited to some choice sounds Cool

www.losendos.co.uk
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
Sometimes you just have to write something in the style of your idols. I originally started writing this with having no intention of sounding like anybody in particular but for some reason about halfway through it started to turn; for me anyways; into a Genesisy; is there such a word?; sounding thing. I hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/happily-sedated

The title is just a working title and will in all likelihood be changed. I have written a few lyrics but they're being rewritten. They sucked. Please have a good listen and if you can be so kind, please hit the little "heart" button. Even if you hate the song! Wink

Thanks in advance.

Jeremykeys

Hi Jeremy, i know this was some months back, but only now i had the chance to listen to your song (being a Genesis freak myself... Very Happy )
I loved it, it has a lot of Genesis connections on it, and some great ideas in there.
The beginning sound's familiar to Calling All Stations, but there is influences there from all Genesis eras too Wink

Great work.
Yamaha: Motif XS8
Roland: expanded JV-1010 modules (3X)
...And a bucket load of Softsynths, plug-ins, and DAW's Smile
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit OT:

A guy from my area. For Genesis fans out there. Enjoy.

EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Applause

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jorgemncardoso wrote:
jeremykeys wrote:
Sometimes you just have to write something in the style of your idols. I originally started writing this with having no intention of sounding like anybody in particular but for some reason about halfway through it started to turn; for me anyways; into a Genesisy; is there such a word?; sounding thing. I hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/happily-sedated

The title is just a working title and will in all likelihood be changed. I have written a few lyrics but they're being rewritten. They sucked. Please have a good listen and if you can be so kind, please hit the little "heart" button. Even if you hate the song! Wink

Thanks in advance.

Jeremykeys

Hi Jeremy, i know this was some months back, but only now i had the chance to listen to your song (being a Genesis freak myself... Very Happy )
I loved it, it has a lot of Genesis connections on it, and some great ideas in there.
The beginning sound's familiar to Calling All Stations, but there is influences there from all Genesis eras too Wink

Great work.

Thanks! Gad you liked my song. Have a listen to this one. It's also in somewhat the same style. You might like it too!

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/love-will-last-forever10
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
steefgee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Carpet crawlers Reply with quote

Hi there,

Anyone tried to recreate the carpet crawlers arpeggio.

Looking forward to see how that is done.

Steve
Perilous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Carpet crawlers Reply with quote

steefgee wrote:
Hi there,

Steve

Like, programming it with Karma? There is the Matt Riddle video out there that I learned from.
https://youtu.be/r07u3BeLsJA
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Carpet crawlers Reply with quote

steefgee wrote:
Hi there,

Steve

Why not just play it? It's not hard.

..Joe
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Carpet crawlers Reply with quote

steefgee wrote:
Hi there,

Steve

I would start out slow. identify the RH chords, and slowly duplicate the hand over hand technique.
JONLIBRA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jorgemncardoso wrote:
Hi guys, regarding Tony's Synclavier sounds and for those who have Arturia's Synclavier vst, i compiled last year all the original sounds for home by the sea, mama and some other. I posted them on the facebook timbre share page. There is also there all the original factory sounds for the Synclavier that the original creator has converted to Arturis's format.

Here's the sounds I posted along with a small file demo of each:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jrvntjy6fycme49/AADePP6WGQp6swxterd_cqOna?dl=0

Excellent sounds! Thank you for sharing.
Have you tried to sample them into the Kronos? Is it possible?
tonybanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laandodeman wrote:
"Online you find a lot of tutorials on how to emulate Tony Bank's sounds, but not much for the Kronos.

I am looking, for example, for ways to create:

* The typical phased / chorussed organ sound
* The quadra and pro-soloist sounds

Does anyone know of a tutorial? Is it easy to remake these sounds on the Kronos? I do have mellotrons and CP80 samples already."

My two cents
Organ sound effects: using the vintage phase 90 and boss ce1 effects can get you very close to Tony's sound (1977 onwards). I know phase 100 is a different beast but the previously only available phaser and chorus were not totally satisfactory. The CE1 clone, in particular, is the most responsible of the sound (the same for Hackett's guitar sound). Unfortunately the CX3 engine does not let you program the organ without foldback and with polyphonic percussion (T100 specifications).
Quadra and prosoloist: the quadra lead and polyphonic synth are not difficult to reproduce with HD1 or AL1. AL1 is better for the monophonic sound just because the portamento is more natural. Of course the best would be to be able to control the portamento with a pedal. I have been able to get close enough (to call it a sufficient result) to the phasing sound at the beginning of the Cage Medley in 3SL. The Quadra has this particular built in phaser which gives character to its sound. For pro soloist sound I rely on the JV1.

For some example of my sounds check "dusk e-band" on youtube
romanoviedo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: CP70 sound Reply with quote

Is there a decent CP70 preset on the Kronos 1? I haven't found it, and I'm looking for that sound to cover some Genesis/Collins/Gabriel tracks live, but I don't want to get a notebook with VST software, I need all coming from the Kronos. If there is no factury patch, which library does you recommend to buy? Thanks in advance.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: CP70 sound Reply with quote

romanoviedo wrote:
Is there a decent CP70 preset on the Kronos 1? I haven't found it, and I'm looking for that sound to cover some Genesis/Collins/Gabriel tracks live, but I don't want to get a notebook with VST software, I need all coming from the Kronos. If there is no factury patch, which library does you recommend to buy? Thanks in advance.

Not sure if it's good enough for you, but give the multisample 0010: Electric Grand Piano in the ROM bank a listen. I used it to create a CP80 somewhat close to the one on my MODX7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: