Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

House 101 guide for Kronos wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: House 101 guide for Kronos wanted Reply with quote

Has anybody heard of a House 101 guide for Kronos Question
or is any one making one Question
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: House 101 guide for Kronos wanted Reply with quote

lotty1 wrote:

are you referring to a music style ?

I think House is basically 4/4 Dance music. its not a style I am interested in but there seem to be lots of Dance presets all over the place and examples on youtube.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: House 101 guide for Kronos wanted Reply with quote

lotty1 wrote:

I think there is a House 101 video / cd for the Korg M3 series. That would be somewhere on the Karma-Labs site.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "House 101 Combi Creation Tutorial Series" is a set of tutorials on DVD that we produced for the M3. The lessons are not so much focused on the idea of House music, but more on teaching you how to create a completely finished, fully KARMA-fied four-module combi with drums, bass, two other parts, and a left-hand and right-hand keyboard part, in a particular style - in this case, House.

It hasn't really sold well enough for me to consider duplicating the effort for the Kronos. Although I will say this: the entire set of tutorials was done using Korg's M3 Editor; not the M3 screens - no editing was done directly on the M3. As such, the layout of the M3 Editor is virtually identical to the Kronos. For example, in the M3 screen, the 16 parts of a combi are split across two screens, 1-8 and 9-16. In the M3 Editor, all 16 parts are on the same page - just like the Kronos. It's very close, I remember noticing that before.

As such, you can pretty well follow the M3 videos along with a Kronos and get the flavor of the lessons which teach you about zoning, layering, picking out GEs, assigning effects, tweaking EQs etc. Some of the example program choices will be different since not all M3 programs are in the Kronos, and the GE list in the M3 is the same as the Kronos but in a slightly different order, you can still find the GEs by searching the Voice Name List etc. That's about the best I can do for you. Wink

Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
The "House 101 Combi Creation Tutorial Series" is a set of tutorials on DVD that we produced for the M3. The lessons are not so much focused on the idea of House music, but more on teaching you how to create a completely finished, fully KARMA-fied four-module combi with drums, bass, two other parts, and a left-hand and right-hand keyboard part, in a particular style - in this case, House.

It hasn't really sold well enough for me to consider duplicating the effort for the Kronos. Although I will say this: the entire set of tutorials was done using Korg's M3 Editor; not the M3 screens - no editing was done directly on the M3. As such, the layout of the M3 Editor is virtually identical to the Kronos. For example, in the M3 screen, the 16 parts of a combi are split across two screens, 1-8 and 9-16. In the M3 Editor, all 16 parts are on the same page - just like the Kronos. It's very close, I remember noticing that before.

As such, you can pretty well follow the M3 videos along with a Kronos and get the flavor of the lessons which teach you about zoning, layering, picking out GEs, assigning effects, tweaking EQs etc. Some of the example program choices will be different since not all M3 programs are in the Kronos, and the GE list in the M3 is the same as the Kronos but in a slightly different order, you can still find the GEs by searching the Voice Name List etc. That's about the best I can do for you. Wink

I have this CD and recommend it as Stephen wrote the processes can largely be applied to the Kronos.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
I have this CD and recommend it as Stephen wrote the processes can largely be applied to the Kronos.

Thanks, Ksynth. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: